Summerville, SC
Students enrolled: 1,017

Flowertown Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2014
Very unimpressed with this school. You are not allowed to wal your child to their classroom and the front office lady Paula needs some real personal skills. You are not informed of all functions. It's one big mess. They also need to realize that children are not robots and not perfect. My sons kindergarten teacher lacks major social skills. She will barely look anyone in the eye. This school was a huge disappointment. My child will not go back there next year!!! It's a joke.

Flowertown Elementary School 1

Posted November 27, 2013
The vice principal yelled and called us repeated because we dropped our children off at the front of the school. You are only allowed to drop them off in the back until the bell rings. Both time we did this the bell was ringing in 2 minutes from when we dropped them off. This school is not as good as the test score say. A 1st grade teacher told me my child was rude because she didn't say ma'am to her. Very disappointed and pulled our children out of the school.

Flowertown Elementary School 3

Posted March 14, 2013
I like this school, but I had a bad experience with a Kindergarten teacher who had a negative attitude with my child. It is full-day kindergarten and very busy. The pressure is on for these kindergartners to be ready for testing in first grade. I think the focus should be on the children not testing. Working with the ones that need extra help should be important, not just deciding to hold children back to keep test scores high. Studies show that holding back children is not that effective. My child in third grade had a fabulous teacher and loved participating in the town Council.

Flowertown Elementary School 3

Posted September 06, 2012
Very unimpressed with all the security I encountered when I dropped my daughter off late, I was told I could walk her back to her classroom, if I waited to be escorted by an administrator. This is my third child to attend, and I have never had this problem before, they simply had you sign in. There was also an administrator stationed in the main hallway, and one outside the front door, all looking very official with walkie-talkies. All this seemed like a bit much too me. Posting here, and writing a letter to DD2 Officials.

Flowertown Elementary School 2

Posted March 08, 2011
My two children attended this school, my oldest had not so great of teachers for four years. I was reteaching many of the fundamental facts when we got home, due to lack of proper teaching and some teachers on cell phones. My other child, did well, got lucky and had great teachers. I ended up taking them both out and it was the best decision I've ever made. If you like your kids to learn touch points for addition and ryhmes for multiplication, then you'll love this school...if you like them to learn it the old school way, then find a different school. Also, one more note, they definatly teach for the tests. On a positive level, great ART, MUSIC, DRAMA AND PTA, though.

Flowertown Elementary School 5

Posted February 04, 2011
I am impressed with this school. The teachers are awesome, the environment is warm and inviting. I always feel welcomed when I am there.

Posted October 23, 2009
Parents are kept informed about school events and happenings. You feel like you know what is going on.

Posted October 15, 2009
It is where my children went to school and I work there. It feels like our home away from home. The teachers are the best!!

Posted October 14, 2009
The teachers and staff are great!

Posted October 13, 2009
The faculty and teachers are the best. They truly care about every student.

Flowertown Elementary School
20 King Charles Circle, Summerville, SC  29485
Last modified Flowertown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flowertown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top