Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted March 02, 2016
My oldest daughter moved to Flowertown during 4th grade and also completed 5th grade here. My youngest went to K here. We were very happy with this school. We were happy with the teachers, staff, security & communication. I found both the staff and students to be polite. My children felt welcomed here and did very well. As a military family that has experienced many schools, this was one we were sad to leave. I was always confident that my children were in a good environment when I sent them to school every day.

Posted October 26, 2015
I LOVE this school! This will be my son's 6th year at this school (K-5), and each time I've moved I made sure to stay in their zone. They have GREAT teachers and staff. They encourage parent involvement and volunteering. The Gifted program is FANTASTIC!! I love how they are in a classroom of their own and the teachers can really feel free to challenge them without the fear of leaving other students behind. Even in the normal classes, they really try to teach to each child's level and set individual goals for learning. Great clubs, activities, and rewards for good behavior. Bullying is NOT tolerated. The few instances my son had with a bully was dealt with swiftly. Communication is fantastic. The school puts out a monthly newsletter. Communications folders with grades, behavior, and upcoming events are sent home weekly, and teachers also send e-mails weekly with that week's general instruction plan. Homework grids sent home each week have all their assignments, tests, and due dates clearly mapped out. I can go on and on. BEST school ever!

Posted September 30, 2015
Very nice staff and my son's teachers are over the past few years are the best. Office staff is great.

Posted March 26, 2015
Should not be force to give this school even one star. First and ONLY year my child will attend FES changing schools at the end of the year!! My child has been bullied since day ONE and nothing has been done to end it! MY child has started to stand up for himself and guess what he now gets in trouble! YUP that's right he has been written up because he has had enough when the adults who are supposed to protect him failed to do so. Calls I have made to the school go unreturned but they never fail to reach me when my son is written up. The school seems to protect the bully for some unknown reason. AVOID THIS SCHOOL!!!

Posted March 20, 2015
If I could give 0 stars I would have. Don't send your kids to this school, quite possibly the worst in DD2. These kids have no respect for authority and no discipline. The administrators coddle this behavior instead of dealing with it. Stay away and find a different school.

Posted November 27, 2013
The vice principal yelled and called us repeated because we dropped our children off at the front of the school. You are only allowed to drop them off in the back until the bell rings. Both time we did this the bell was ringing in 2 minutes from when we dropped them off. This school is not as good as the test score say. A 1st grade teacher told me my child was rude because she didn't say ma'am to her. Very disappointed and pulled our children out of the school.

Flowertown Elementary School 3

Posted March 14, 2013
I like this school, but I had a bad experience with a Kindergarten teacher who had a negative attitude with my child. It is full-day kindergarten and very busy. The pressure is on for these kindergartners to be ready for testing in first grade. I think the focus should be on the children not testing. Working with the ones that need extra help should be important, not just deciding to hold children back to keep test scores high. Studies show that holding back children is not that effective. My child in third grade had a fabulous teacher and loved participating in the town Council.

Flowertown Elementary School 3

Posted September 06, 2012
Very unimpressed with all the security I encountered when I dropped my daughter off late, I was told I could walk her back to her classroom, if I waited to be escorted by an administrator. This is my third child to attend, and I have never had this problem before, they simply had you sign in. There was also an administrator stationed in the main hallway, and one outside the front door, all looking very official with walkie-talkies. All this seemed like a bit much too me. Posting here, and writing a letter to DD2 Officials.

Flowertown Elementary School 2

Posted March 08, 2011
My two children attended this school, my oldest had not so great of teachers for four years. I was reteaching many of the fundamental facts when we got home, due to lack of proper teaching and some teachers on cell phones. My other child, did well, got lucky and had great teachers. I ended up taking them both out and it was the best decision I've ever made. If you like your kids to learn touch points for addition and ryhmes for multiplication, then you'll love this school...if you like them to learn it the old school way, then find a different school. Also, one more note, they definatly teach for the tests. On a positive level, great ART, MUSIC, DRAMA AND PTA, though.

Posted February 04, 2011
I am impressed with this school. The teachers are awesome, the environment is warm and inviting. I always feel welcomed when I am there.

Flowertown Elementary School
20 King Charles Circle, Summerville, SC  29485
Last modified Flowertown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.