Bad
Good

Posted February 17, 2013
Millwood is truly a great school. We were worried about relocating to Sumter, as our children were in an amazing private school prior to our move and the private options in Sumter are not so convincing. We did our homework and after visiting many schools, we decided it is the best option available. Millwood has exceeded our expectations and kept us from commuting from a larger city. The PTA is amazing and you have a lot of options for volunteering at the school. The teaches are welcoming and helped our children easily adapt to an American school. Leadership is great and ever-present.

Millwood Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2012
Mr. Hilton and the teachers at Millwood are wonderful, loving & caring! My children and I are thankful for this school. The secretary, however, sure could use an attitiude adjustment...always hateful and rude. She needs to take note from her fellow employees on how to treat people. She is a poor reflection of the school. School nurses could use a course or two on compassion...they talk to sick children as if they were dogs.

Posted March 10, 2012
We are a military family, this was our children s 3rd school and they were only in the 1st and 2nd grade when we moved to Shaw. We had an AMAZING experience with Millwood. After 3 years we PCS-ed leaving behind a school that became family. From the principal to the custodians everyone was professional and inviting. My husband and I were able to volunteer and be an active part of Millwood. The education my children received pleasantly exceeded our expectations. The teachers are invested in each student and not only challenged our children but were quick to inform us when they had concerns. Our family HIGHLY recommend Millwood Elementary.

Posted October 18, 2011
Millwood Elementary is an outstanding elementary school due to the excellent leadership and teaching! Everyone works together as a family in order to best meet the needs of each child. The parents of students at Millwood are encouraged to be involved. Because of this encouragement by the leadership and teachers, the Millwood PTA is very strong. It's no wonder Millwood receives top awards for its performance!

Posted September 26, 2011
When moving here I thought that my daughter would be stuck in a school with low ratings as that is what all the reviews had said when we were looking. However we found Millwood and we would highly recommend it. The Staff in the office and the teachers are great. You feel welcomed at the school. PTA is great at the school better then the one I came from. The Staff at Millwood take great pride in the education and the students well being.

Posted June 05, 2011
My kids have thrived here at Millwood. Both became straight A students in the first year they were here. The teachers are caring and the administration keeps the school running smoothly. Can't recommend this school enough.

Posted May 16, 2011
This is probably the best school I will ever go to. Dr. Hilton is amazing and so are all the teachers, I have never had a teacher who will let me stay after school for two hours will they help me with divison. I will never forget going here!!!!

Posted May 02, 2011
Millwood is like a well-oiled machine. It runs smoothly and flows from one event, day, year to the other without any interuption. The teachers and faculty have great pride in the school and it shows in what they do on a day to day basis! The PTA has new events for parent and children involvement regulary. Everyone involved with Millwood make parents and students feel welcome and like a part of the "family"!

Posted March 24, 2010
Best elementary school in Sumter! We were stationed here 3 years ago, and chose our house based on recommendations for this school. I am so glad we did. I have had 4 children in this school, and every one has loved it. Every teacher is dedicated to their students and their education. The office staff is absolutely wonderful. Dr. Hilton is a true leader with a soft heart. The children respect him, but adore him. The PTA is involved with multiple programs, and parent volunteer involvement is evident on a regular basis. You will not regret sending your child to this school.

Millwood Elementary School 4

Posted March 30, 2009
My children have been going to Millwood for 3 years and I really think it's the best elementary school in Sumter. The teacher's are very receptive and welcoming and the class counts aren't too high. They have a wonderful PTA and many different programs to help parents and the students. It's a great school.

Millwood Elementary School
24 Pinewood Rd, Sumter, SC  29150
Last modified Millwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5