PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

I was a student at CCA for 4 years, the teachers have always been good to the students and helped when you didnt get something. The principle Mr. Davis, is fair and he knows what he is doing. The bible lessons and Wednesdays when we went to the church across from the school really helped me learn a lot about God and how we should live. CCA taught me to be open and not be scared to talk to people and get advice on some things. I also started playing sports at CCA. My favorite was tennis. We had the best coaches...Mr. Davis and Mrs. Wilson. I loved it when we got Student Teachers. They were fun and easy to relate to. My favorite was Mrs. D, who is now living in Hati teaching and doing mission work. I think CCA is a good place to consider sending your child!

My son started at CCA when he was in 2nd grade. He had come from another school and without the help of Many Teachers there He would never be able to perform as well as he in Math and Reading today. Public school had given up on him, but CCA did not. But privite school in Columbia.......

My daughter started at CCA when she was in K4. Her teachers have always been excellent and I know that she is getting a good education. After reading the other reviews, I am greatly saddened. I am very involved in the school, and I know that many students who seem to be a bad influence on others are the ones who need to be at the school the most. Yes, there is a screening process, and I know that there are many students who are turned away for various reasons (academic, behavior, etc.). Also, what's the deal with comparing to public schools and their standardized tests? South Carolina doesn't even compare their students nationally! CCA does, and our students overall achieve in the 75th percentile nationally, if not higher. CCA has been wonderful for my daughter, and I look forward to the day when I can enroll another child.

My grandchildren attended CCA from the time were 3 years old starting out in their daycare. My family and I are truly blessed to have had some wonderful experiences with the teachers and staff. We were amazed at the amount of knowledge and faith that they were able to comprehend at CCA.

I have to say, at the time- we only noted that my older son wasnt really getting a consistancy in decipline. It seemed like his class sort of 'ran wild'- and there was little done to tame these kids. The teacher couldnt be sweeter.. but maybe that was the problem. Kids need structure and decipline.. if you let a pack of 9yr olds run over you.. they will! Unfortunatly, since leaving and going back to public school.. the younger of my two is really struggling. He was no where near grade level or ready for the 1st grade, even though he was promoted by CCA. I hate even saying this- because I loved his teacher and all the staff at CCA. But if we had known more about the issues he was having- we could have addressed it sooner and he wouldnt have been held back in the 1st grade.

I have a wonderful son who has a godly heart & mind. These days its a rare quality in teenage boys. Three years he's been going to cca and i'm thankful to god for the school and it's godly members. It's so so much better than the public schools. Thank god for all of cca's efforts & prayers, lovingly debby werth

Unfortunately, we did not have a positive experience here at all. We allowed our children to attend for a couple of years, but it became evident that there were discipline problems in the classrooms. The only class that seemed to have an appropriate handle on things was the K-5 class. We regret that after sending our children to CCA, they tested significantly below average on the public school standardized testing scores after keeping A averages the entire time they were at CCA. Its a shame our children's education suffered during this time. Thank goodness they are now back on track!

i actually go to that school , what gets me is that some of the students do not belong there. they have students there that cuss , know things that little kids dont need to know about , just kids that are bad influences on little kids.

my son has been going to covenant christian for 3 years. he transferred from a public school, the teachers are great and the atmosphere is wonderful, I would highly reccomend covenant christian academy.

CCA has a great small school atmosphere. The academics are more than adequate and they offer many opportunities for my child to succeed and be involved.

Last modified Covenant Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12