Black Hawk Elementary - 03 4

Posted June 14, 2014
Different principal now than in some of the negative comments below. The school encourages parental involvement and everyone really seems to care about the children. I don't like that this rating is only based on standardized test scores. I feel like my soon to be 3rd grade son is doing well and is given opportunities to excel. He had a bad experience in first grade, with a teacher that the district had forced into the position in order to get her to quit (it worked mid-year) but it wasn't the school's fault. Overall, I would say a good, safe, quality school.

Posted September 16, 2013
Wonderful School!!!..My boys have been going here since 1st grade and Kindergarten!!...I have not had ANY problems with the staff or any of the students here!...In fact, our oldest son ( now an 8th grader) still LOVES to go back and see his "old teachers"!!..our youngest son is currently in 4th grade, and he loves his school as well!!...I would have to say HANDS DOWN, this is one of the best schools in the state, as far as dedicated/caring staff are concerned!!

Black Hawk Elementary - 03 1

Posted December 21, 2011
This school needs to be inspected and reviewed by the school boards. The principle is not fair to all students and there is much favoritism. Her techniques are very questionable! There is too much bullying at this school that is not addressed properly. The school does not meet standards in any area! The principle doesn't have the personality to be in any position dealing with people!

Black Hawk Elementary - 03 1

Posted January 16, 2011
My grandson attends this school, he is constantly in trouble and hates goign there. We had a meeting with the higher ups in this building and were told it isn't just one student yet the only thing we heard was it was all his fault and my daughters home life. He has been pushed and bullied yet nothing gets done about it. This is the worst school I have ever been in and the principal does not belong there.

Posted November 15, 2010
My daughter is in Fourth Grade this year and has been in this school since Kindergarten. The teachers have all been wonderful and do so much for the students. We had a problem with a bully for a little while but it was taken care of. When my daughter was in Kindergarten, she and a classmate decided to skip the bus and walk home. When the principal found out that they were missing, she got in her car and drove through all the neighborhoods looking for them. How many Principals would do that for your kids?

Black Hawk Elementary - 03 0

Posted January 04, 2010
I have 2 children attending this school and feel as though i as a parent am an outsider and in the way. I feel my children are attending a school who is going through the motions of just being a school, doing the minimum of what they need to just get by. I feel as if the staff is there to do their job at a minimum and that is it.

Posted November 20, 2009

Black Hawk Elementary - 03 3

Posted November 18, 2009
I have twin daughters in the 4th grade and also coach their basketball team. They are in seperate classes and their teachers teaching stratagies are polar opposites. Both with their strenghts and weaknesses! Maybe more teacher workshops would be helpful. As for their sports activities, the school could be more supportive. This is their first year with a girls basketball team and I find myself organizing it more than coaching! But all in all I'am pretty happy with the school!

Black Hawk Elementary - 03 0

Posted April 29, 2009
I have been very dissappointed with this school. I have a 7-year-old who is now a 1st grader, and also attended there in kindergarten. I feel that there are too many children per teacher to adequately teach and control a classroom. In addition, I do not feel that any concerns I have had - be they academic or regarding bullying issues - have been dealt with by the principal. In fact, I ususally come away from a meeting with her feeling as if I've just been given the 'brush off,' or as if when I leave she rolls her eyes behind my back. I do not feel that this school has a challenging academic core, or that my son has learned anything there that he would not have independantly or at home.

Black Hawk Elementary - 03 3

Posted March 25, 2009
I agree, the princial does not belong here. There is no consistency in discipline and she looks down on everyone. Once a child has discipline issues, they are labbeled a problem and will always be labbeled a problem no matter what they do. She is not there for the children! The teachers are the only reason my children are still there.

Black Hawk Elementary - 03
7108 Seeaire St, Black Hawk, SD  57718
Last modified Black Hawk Elementary - 03 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Black Hawk Elementary - 03 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top