Brentwood, TN

Lipscomb Elementary School 2

Posted February 21, 2014
This school used to be top notched but there is now a culture of mediocrity that is eroding the environment. There are still many excellent educators here; they are not allowed to do their jobs effectively. We had children in this school from 2005 until last year and the decline was appalling. It was an excellent environment in 2005, as good as any private school in TN and by 2013 I would compare it with a top 20% Metro Nashville school. The principal is the difference. The previous administrator was hands-on. He greeted every child and every parent each morning. He knew every child by name and knew who their parents were and knew most of us by name. The current principal is rarely seen outside her office and it is completely baffling how she continues to hold this position. The only good thing I can say about this is it fed our kids into Brentwood Middle which is every bit as excellent as this school was 10 years ago.

Lipscomb Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2014
I do not recommend this school. Our child never wanted to go to school while attending Lipscomb. The school is very over crowded and the teachers and staff seem very unhappy.

Lipscomb Elementary School 2

Posted October 20, 2013
The parents and most kids are nice but the educational value is definitely not what it used to be. I think many people want a home in this elementary zone because it is the least expensive for a Brentwood school. LES also has a lot of "fun" stuff like dress up days, fall fest, fun run, etc. so there are opportunities to socialize. Most of the classroom teachers are good teachers but LES has several poor performers that really need to find another occupation, especially in the 5th grade. The administration does not communicate well and the specials teachers are average at best. Some people love Lipscomb but I doubt they have attended or visited other schools in Brentwood.

Posted March 03, 2013
Lipscomb Elementary is an excellent school! Children have so many chances to be successful and learn here. The school offers everything from their own television station to a chorus and dance program. After school clubs are offered once or twice a year with interesting choices such as jewelry making, quilting and guitar. The academics are extremely challenging with advanced options for high performing students in reading and math. Teachers move at a quick pace but extra help is offered for students who might be struggling. The PTO is efficient, approachable and friendly with meetings every month for parents to attend if they like. The only negative is that the school is so great it is a little overcrowded, but I know the county is building new schools for the future. So very pleased!

Posted July 15, 2008

Posted October 11, 2007
My son spent kindergarten (at Kenrose) and 1st grade at Lipscomb. Both excellent, but the nod goes to Lipscomb. He has has excelled in that school's gifted and talented program. Lipscomb and Kenrose provided a great base to his education.

Lipscomb Elementary School 0

Posted September 05, 2007
Lipscomb is a blessing! The teachers are awesome and they really care about the children. The academic standards and performance are excellent.

Posted June 28, 2007
Joined Lipscomb school by chance as i was looking for any Williamson county school. I am so glad I did .My daughters are so happy with this school that we cannot dream to change the school though we are planning to buy a house in another school area I would rather drive my kids to school then change the school.The school is very conveniently located on I -65 and adjacent to library which makes it even more lovable .This school really love kids and the kids love the school.Best teachers,great administration.Nice location.Thank you very much Lipscomb

Posted August 15, 2005
I've often considered putting my daughter in a private school , that is until I found this school! Last year was our first year with lipscomb and we already feel like we're family. Everyone on the staff is absolutely great. You can't find a better school anywhere! Leadership counts and they have it!

Posted March 30, 2005
I absolutely love this school! The teachers are top notch. The administration is excellent. I can't say enough about the staff! Each year we think we can't possibly have a teacher as good as the last year and each year we are wrong. We are planning on moving to another house and though I'm sure the other schools in this county are great and my son is friends with many of their students through community sports, I won't consider moving outside Lipscomb school zone. This school has become part of our family!

Lipscomb Elementary School
8011 Concord Rd, Brentwood, TN  37027
Last modified Lipscomb Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lipscomb Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top