Chattanooga, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted February 09, 2010
All four of my children attended ND in the 90's and went on to graduate, with honors, from college. ND prepared them for academic success but also nurtured their need to give back to the community. They have been involved with Big Brothers/Big Sisters or volunteer in various organizations giving back much more than they receive. ND was the first school in the area to begin mandatory drug testing and they have always been 'pro-active' about this issue. Academic standards and communication between parents/teachers/staff has improved vastly since my children were here! Most teachers have always gone 'above and beyond' expectations and care about the student as well as educating them. I would highly recommend Notre Dame as an outstanding academic institution that fosters a love of Christ while also respecting others views.

Posted December 31, 2009
As a parent of a current ND student, I would rate ND as top notch academically. As to the comments by the parent about ND being a party school, I do not see that. I am sure there are some circles of students that prefer to party and put education second; that is a choice the student makes. Is this not a life lesson?? While ND does promote its sports program, they also have a terrific theatre, band and choral program. My child participates in these & they are terrific & demanding in a good way. I also have to say that many of my child's teachers have gone above and beyond to ensure that my child succeeds. The key is that the child has to WANT to succeed and has to put their best foot forward; the teacher's cannot do the work for them.

Posted September 23, 2009
As a graduate of Notre Dame High School, I can testify to the amazing preparation I received for college. Not only did the teachers care about my grades, but they also cared about me as a person. The school's goal is to create well-rounded individuals who are models of Christ to the world around them. Notre Dame is a Christian school, not just a 'private' school like other in our community. They exist in order to create a love of learning and a love for Christ and his Church. The class that I graduated with is now composed of doctors, a rocket scientist, a model, a record company exec in LA, and numerous others. They certainly prepare their students for whatever they want to do in life, but also focus on a love for their students!

Posted August 20, 2009
I am a graduate of Notre Dame and I highly recommend this school. We are so fortunate to have a school like Notre Dame in the Chattanooga area. With its strong academics and arts programs there is a good blend for any student to find their niche. The sports are important part of the learning process as well. The principal is fantastic and the teachers are very dedicated.

Notre Dame High School 2

Posted July 17, 2008

Notre Dame High School 2

Posted June 10, 2008
In short, I don't recommend this school. The academics are strong. However, the teachers are not. If your child doesn't push themselves in school, the teachers certainly will not. Also, the arts programs are very very poor...if not nearly non-existant. The school places so much emphasis on sports that they basically neglect the visual and performing arts. This is also a HUGE party school. If your child is not a partier, they will be very unpopular at Notre Dame. The facilities are very weak for a private school. No tennis courts, no pool, no track, no dance room. In short, you do not receive the education that you pay for and expect from a private high school. I would recomment either getting your money's worth at a school like McCallie, Baylor, or GPS, or saving your money and sending your kid to a great magnet school like CCA or

Notre Dame High School
2701 Vermont Ave, Chattanooga, TN  37404
Last modified Notre Dame High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Notre Dame High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top