No rating

Brainerd Baptist School

Private | PK-5 | 306 students

Posted July 20, 2013

My daughter has been at BBS for K3 and K4. The prospect of removing my daughter from the nurturing environment of BBS and placing her in a large public school kindergarten was very unsettling to me, even though the school where we were planning to enroll her is a highly-rated magnet school with a very competitive admission. I belabored this decision for a year. My husband's initial argument was, "Free vs. Not-free. Decision made." However, I came to realize that the nurturing environment, smaller classes, and firm basis in faith is crucial to development. BBS teaches the child not only academically, but spiritually as well. They take the learning of social skills very seriously and are quick to correct children's misbehavior, because they are able to watch them closely. My son was at the magnet school for K and grade 1. He did very well academically, but he was anxious and stressed. I am moving him to BBS this year, and paying tuition, because I feel that strongly about this stellar school and its phenomenal staff and leadership. I'm not sure what we will do after 5th grade, but I know they will have the academic and general life-skills to go anywhere.

Posted May 18, 2012

Hands down the best private elementary and preschool in Chattanooga. My daughter started at BBS in 2nd grade, after 3 years at another private school in the area. She was behind in Math, but excelled in Reading. Coming upon the completion of our first year, she still has a difficult time with Math, but is much closer to grade level than she was. Her reading continues to be one or two grade levels ahead. The staff at BBS is incredible. The principal is engaged with students and parents, yet maintains such a high level of professionalism. The academic programs are rigorous and much is expected. BBS balances this with a nurturing of the soul through daily devotions and weekly chapel. So glad we made the change and looking very forward to continuing at BBS.

Posted April 7, 2011

We have had our children in this school for several years. Unfortunately, as we move through the school there seems to be a lack of love for children. Too many of the teachers seem to be tired of teaching and only going through the motions. When individual issues are brought to the administration they are not taken seriously. Some of the teachers are excellent, but the administration does not seem to know what to do about those who miss the mark.

Posted February 16, 2011

My daughter started at BBS in K3. It is an exceptional school. There is a sense of love and compassion and caring that permeates all the activities. It is a very nurturing environment. All of the teachers and administrators that we have encountered have been very passionate not only about education but also about helping my child develop as a person. Children are expected to take on more independent responsibility for their studies and homework as they grow and mature. This definitely helps to prepare them effectively for Middle School and beyond by establishing solid study habits. I am continuously amazed by the advanced level of technology that the school is introducing the children to. It is not an easy school academically. By the first grade, many of the children will be working on assignments that are geared towards more traditional second grade classrooms or beyond. The school will definitely require parental involvement to make your child's journey there a success.

Posted November 6, 2010

I had a horrible experience with this school. Everytime I asked to meet with the administrators I was put off for 2 to 3 weeks and when I finally met with the staff I did not feel that my concerns were taken seriously. I do not recommend this school.

Posted October 14, 2010

The best elementary school in the area, not because of it's highschools sporting events, or because everybody already knew each other from living nearby...its the best because it's a place of love. Faculty opens their lives & hearts to share with their children. Positive Christian leaders see each childs full potential & as an individual. The curriculum is the toughest, most kids are @ least a year ahead academically than their non school peers. They have the best & latest technology in every classroom. We've been in the BBS family 4 years now and the only closer family we have is our own @ home. Prayer starts every day, hugs are many, solid foundations are built & the uniforms keep them all in the same economic frame of mind. If you dream of a cliqueless school, with honest hardworking generous teachers/faculty/headmaster/& janitorial staff that are there for you, this is it.

Posted June 12, 2009

Great school! Go and check it out! The children love going to the school and they feel loved and they learn how to handle problems in a Christian way! Awesome school. Go see for yourself! It is worth the trip!

Posted June 9, 2009

We are excited about Brainerd Baptist school. The headmaster is very strong and he knows what is going on in his school. The children are challenged in school! If you are looking for a great Christian elementary school....this is the place for you1 We are excited to be part of this wonderful school!

Posted June 9, 2008

Brainerd Baptist School is wonderful. My daughter is blessed to attend a school that provides a top-notch curriculum in a Christian environment. She is flourishing spiritually, academically, and socially. The teachers and administration are loving and dedicated. I cannot imagine our family being affiliated with any finer school.

Posted February 21, 2008

This is the best school in all of Chattanooga. My 2 older children have graduated from high school and got their elementary education here at BBS and that strong foundation prepared them for college. I have 2 more in the school now and it is the best school in Chattanooga. The staff is positive and loving and they truly educate the children.

Posted January 16, 2008

Easily one of the best schools in the Chattanooga area. The facilities are fantastic and the children are loved by their teachers. I feel safe knowing my daughter is here.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AMCS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

Po Box 8099