East Ridge High School

Public | 9-12

Posted October 29, 2011

A school on the decline. The district has done much to wreck this school with questionable leadership choices. The new principal is over his head, and the assistant is totally clueless. The previous principal lasted a year and never even tried. Parental involvement has dropped off considerably. The fact that the leadership doesn't support vocational education puts it at cross-purposes with the schools leadership. A third of the faculty left last year. I'm glad that my children are grown and I don't have to deal with this place anymore. It really used to be a good school.

Posted October 9, 2008

Tis school is fantastic! The administration id knowledgable and very hard working. Classroom expectations are high and afterschool activites are very strong. Band and choir porgrams are active in the community.

Posted January 19, 2006

I belive that this school needs a lot of improvement such as a more diverse history cultural atmosphere. I think that the teachers are very dedicated to thier jobs and students. I know that the adminitreters are doing what they think is right but I belive that if somebody actually sat down and talked with us about how we think we could make the school better and what we think should be in that school more students would want to go to school. One thing that I have heard a lot from the students is that they want to learn more about their history such as Africn American, Hispanic, Asian ect,
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 13, 2005

I have three kids and they all attend Eastridge i Think we have a wonderful school this year we have a new principal(Mr. Bean) whom has made a really big diffence in the school and we have great teachers who really care about your children but with all schools you and your child have to show interst in yourself we have great community and parent support.

Posted July 30, 2005

2004-2005 was the first year my children were in a public school. With this in mind I cannot compare E. Ridge to other public schools. As a parent I feel the administration could use some improvemen, as in the communication is the worst I've ever encountered. During the school year I could ask 5 different people the same question and get 10 different answers. I felt for the most part the teachers cared about my children. The administration on the other hand, I felt they really couldn't careless as long as the kids weren't causing them any extra work or getting into trouble. When I asked 'what are you doing to prepare my kids for the furure?' as in what type of leadership skills, etc. I was told 'they're making good grades' the administration couldn't give me a better answer. by the looks I got noone understood my question.

Posted May 24, 2005

I am a recent graduate of East Ridge and I believe it is a great school. It offers many activites to keep the students involved. They also have a great staff. The teachers are very dedicated and thats very important to students. Best time of my life!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 19, 2005

East ridge has a very poor quality of staff and education programs. It leans more toward the more prominate children it can nab. The extra curricular activies are fair. Poor planning is the downfall of many a student. The quality of teachers is fair, you have some who are dedicated to kids and care about their futures, then you have most who could care less whether a child gets the right kind of support or help he/she needs to be a successful graduate. It is easier to push children away or out if they can't keep up. It is a very poor system that lets kids fall by the wayside simply because the staff doesnt want to be bothered. The disiplin and rules are fair to an extent, depending on who you are or who your parents are and what their reputation is in the community. Politics play a big part.

Posted November 20, 2004

I am a parent of a student at this school and may i say i am very disappointed with the way this school is being ran.Most of the problem being principal cheri dedmon,If you're planning to send you're child to this school please reconsider.

Posted October 23, 2004

Fantastic school. A little crowded recently but they have good teachers and great sports teams(wrestling,baseball,football,and volleyball).
—Submitted by a student

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

217 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 42% in 2013.

207 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 62% in 2013.

66 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

215 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 59% in 2013.

201 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

English III

The state average for English III was 40% in 2013.

176 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

159 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 80%N/A55%

Fax number
  • (423) 867-6220

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4320 Bennett Rd