Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 06, 2016
Love love love this school. The teachers are so helpful and my son has really enjoyed his year here. We look forward to another year.

New Providence Middle School 2

Posted December 07, 2014
I spent all 3 of my middle school years at this school (now a freshman @wchs). In 6th grade it was nice, i did have problems with one teacher so i was switched to another class. One complaint i have about this school is its cleanliness. Knowing how old this school is, they should take that into consideration and keep it nicer. In 6th grade a DEAD mouse was found in my friends locker. And i also remember little tiny baby mice running around my social studies class. Anyways, there is a lot of obedience problems there, and i have witnessed many people getting picked on/bullied with teachers doing nothing. Overall, most teachers are excellent.

Posted August 04, 2014
So pleased, haven't had any trouble getting things addressed with Teachers, & once with the principal-Laura Barnett (she's the bomb). She handled the matter professionally and made sure that the substitute teacher involved wouldn't be subbing at any of the schools my children attend. The office Secretaries are WONDERFUL! Super friendly, love three staffs and have had great experience with ,3 children attending, 2 with special needs.

Posted April 03, 2013
I have 2 children that attend 6th grade this school year @ New Providence Middle School. They love it. We are new to the neighborhood, so they didnt know any other kids going into this school. Their grades have improved and they are involved in many extracurricular activities. They have had no problems with any bullying or fighting. The teachers are great and they stay in touch with me if they have any concerns or if they have good things to say. I volunteer once in awhile for things at the school, so am able to see for myself what is happening. The only thing I would change is the dances they have right after school until 4pm. I think they should let the students come home first and then have the dance from like 5-7pm.

New Providence Middle School 2

Posted January 14, 2013
This is an overcrowded school! My child has had to deal with being bullied and the response to the bullying complaint did not produce any real results. My child was told to try to get along with the student that was bullying him and even placed on group projects with this student. Before the physcial bullying began Ihad spoken with a teacher about my concerns of derogatory & inappropriate racial name calling in the school and she stated that this is how teenagers play with each other. I pointed out that this was not appropriate in people of opposite nationalities and that was not the case. Also my child's teachers seem to be more concerned with being his friend than his teacher.

Posted May 26, 2012
Okay I guess. I think my experience was so-so. I mean the teachers are great! But there are some weird students.. Though the lunch is always are funny because people make funny mixtures with there food!

Posted May 13, 2012
Most of the teachers are great! The students are okay. I guess the only bad thing is that people will always curse at lunch and " claim " their seat.

Posted November 17, 2009
I think NPMS is one of the best schools in the county. The teachers care about the students. The principal, Mrs. Barnett, is very supportive and cares about us. All of the bad reviews are from parents, not from students that actually attend the school. I am PROUD to say I go to New Providence Middle School.

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers seem to really care about the students. The have a large class number, multiple times a day, yet try to give individual attention to each student. Especially those that seem to need help.

Posted December 03, 2008
I Think NPMS is a good school. It isn't what a school looks like that makes the school. It takes parental involvement on a daily basis. You could have the newest of everything but if you don't have the parents and staff working together then it's not going to be. This is my sons first year and I was impressed the minute I told the staff I wanted involved I was. I have a great e-mail system with the teachers. So Don't judge a book by it's cover!!!!

New Providence Middle School
146 Cunningham Lane, Clarksville, TN  37042
Last modified New Providence Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Providence Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top