Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

They do try 2 help students if they r struggling n a certain subject, but other than that, this school stinks!

I will say I was not sure what to expect when we moved to this school from out of state. My husband and I immediately started looking at private schools due to the recommendations from other community parents. Two years later and both of my children have been successful at Northeast! The teachers are so passionate about teaching and the children shine because of this. The principal is extremely proactive in figuring out issues that need to be addressed. We are blessed to be a part of this school!

The atmosphere in this school has steadily gone down hill under the present administration. Certain teachers and staff seem to do no wrong while others are under undue stress and ridicule. The principal is a major micro-manager who thinks there is no good idea unless it is hers. She rarely smiles or greets those she meets in passing. She appears to have an agenda to get rid of those she doesn't like or think are too old by doing things like moving Kindergarten teachers to fifth grade. If she makes a positive comment it is only for those she likes or hired herself. Others she gives poor evaluations.

My daughter attends this school and she has an IEP. I feel that her teachers aren't making the effort to make sure that my daughter is able to keep up in class. If you see a student who's grade is below average you would think the teacher would call the parent and not continue on with progress report and report card as a below average for their students. Every day I have to teacher her a lesson plan first before we can continue on to the homework that she is assigned from the teachers. She is missing homework and only has half of the homework that is supposed to be brought home every day. We are new to this school system and I don't like it. We'll if this student is struggling with certain areas that you yourself read in her IEP report don't you think that you would have a concern in those areas to help the student out? Right now I'm am not happy with this teaching system when it comes to special need kids with IEP reports the special ed teacher lacks a lot. I would not recommend this school to a parent who has a child that is delayed in certain areas with an IEP report. I'm looking into another school that can cater to my child's needs. Not a happy parent!

My son attended this school for 2 years and we loved it! We are military and we were nervous about moving here since we heard a lot of bad things about some of the schools but after our experience I would recommend them to anyone!!

Teachers and administrators are excellent! Both years my son has attended Northeast, his teachers communicate well and have demonstrated exemplary foresight identifying potential problems and addressing them with our cooperation before they became problems. Love this school.

My daughters teach Mrs Jana Moffet was amazing! I wish she could be my daughters teacher every year. The school isn't perfect I feel they could do a better job including parents in their childs education. The car rider pick-up line is HORRIBLE you have to get there an hour before school lets out to get your kid on time. If you want to go in and pick them up you have to check them out early. I wish the school would allow you to go to your childs classroom and pick them uo when school lets out, I like to talk to the teacher every now and then to see how things are going. But at NEE they do not promote that.

I have not been extremely impressed with this school and their discipline techniques. My sons have very good behavor don't ever get in trouble yet they are loosing their recess all the time, not because of their behavior, but their classes behavior. What motivation does this give our kids, too keep doing good, and or do better!? I also think our kids as a whole, do not get enough recess! Kids need to be able to be kids too!

No stars for this school. My gradchild started attending this school during this school year (2011-2012) and the amount of incidents that have accumlated over this time has left me speechless. One problem was solved through the school and parents working together to obtain a solution, even though this took many meeting. Then another problem arose. There is no end when teachers and administrative staff do not look out for the welfare of children in their care to prevent them from being harmed.

My daughter has attended northeast for her first year of elementary school. I could not ask for a betters front office staff. Well one to be exact. The other I have nothing nice to say anything about so we will leave it at that. Her teacher Mrs. Moffet I couldn't ask for anyone better to teach my daughter. The communication between her and parents it perfect. NEES is lucky to have a teacher that goes above and beyond for her students!

Last modified Northeast Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.