No rating

Clarksville Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 195 students

Academic Excellence with a Foundation in Faith

Living in Clarksville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $167,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $695.

Posted June 10, 2014

This was our first year at CCS. We have 2 elementary age and one in their Pre-K program. The pre-K program and teacher were outstanding. The other 2 had great teachers that, for reasons I still don't understand or know, were not asked back. We really loved our kids teachers so we are a bit confused as to why they were not hired back. I think it is important to have longevity in our teachers. As for the school as a whole, we think it is a good fit and I have yet to see if they are open to suggestions that I left in the end of year survey. The office staff is for the most part exceptional and the principal appears to be engaged with the kids and parents. With a lot of new teachers coming in this year and with 3 kids enrolled this year I have high hopes that this will continue to be a good fit for us: small school, great teachers and Christian atmosphere.

Posted May 21, 2014

We have been a member of the Clarksville Christian School family for several years and we love it! We have seen the school receive it's accreditation and hire the best teachers around. The school is small enough that I've gotten to know kids from all the grade levels, not just the ones in my kids class. The kids, teachers and administration are amazing! I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a solid Christian foundation for their children.

Posted March 12, 2014

Clarksville Christian School is a great learning environment for my children. The class sizes are small, the atmosphere is loving, caring and God honoring. The students are friendly and welcoming. The teachers really care about their students and use many different techniques to help reach all the students in their classes. My children are teenagers and I have never seen a better group of teens than the ones at CCS, not even in our church. They offer clubs and sports that give students a chance to get involved with the school. We are proud to be part of the CCS family.

Posted March 10, 2014

This school claims to be a non-discrimination school, but it is run in accordance with the Church of Christ. Girls are not allowed to pray at the school which if I would have known never would have sent my child there. There are a few good teachers there, but the bad ones are terrible. you are rolling the dice with this school.

Posted January 31, 2012

Our son attended public school K-5 grade. He did well and made good grades. We did our homework on available options and chose to start his 6th grade year at Clarksville Christian School. We have not been disappointed. The principal, teachers, staff, and other parents know him by name...all teachers, not just his. We like that and he feels good about his school. We like to see his supply list and see that a Bible is required and expexted. All choices and decisions seem to have Christ written all over them. We do not attend Church of Christ, but we love the school. The school is Christian based, and all denominations seem to be represented. Our son is learning as a Christian and acting as a Christian. What else could you ask for in a young person's life?

Posted September 1, 2011

CCS really cares about people! I am so happy that my child is taught from a Christian view and is encouraged to help and respect everyone. Again this year CCS is supporting The Well. Monthly food donations are collected and students help stock the pantry for those in need in Clarksville. I see Christ living in the students, faculty, and staff.

Posted August 24, 2011

Don't be surprised if they tell you that they think your child might have adhd. I knew mine did not and so did his doctor. I was always very polite about it and did let them know that his doctor said he had no adhd and is very advanced. We left the school and went back into the public school system and he makes straight A's, never a disturbance, and in a program for gifted students. We are a Christian family and I normally would not leave a negative review but it was a difficult experience for us.

Posted May 19, 2011

We love this school. My daughter can get a great education and still hear the message of God.

Posted April 7, 2011

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. The caring and compationate atmosphere makes it feel more like a home than a school. Our son has ADHD and yet he is treated equally like everyone else and has no idea that he is different because of the care and compassion his teacher has shown him. The classroom sizes make it a perfect fit for what he needs and the modifications are seemless and unnoticed to him. From our experience, the curriculum is molded toward the child's needs and makes sure they challenged appropriately. I'm not nervous at all abour second son starting Kindergarten this year! What a great way to learn everyday lessons and also have the awesome opportunity to incorporate Jesus at the same time. Thank you Clarksville Christian for everything you do.

Posted April 5, 2011

Searching for the perfect fit for our family, I came across Clarksville Christioan School. I have two students that started at CCS this year and we love this school. My daughter attended another school in town for two years and although it was a good school, it was lacking something. We have been welcomed with open arms and my children are not only taught but loved and well taken care of. Even though we are new to the school, I feel like we have been here all along. Its a great school and I highly recommend it to my frieds who are looking for a great education and school experience.

Posted April 5, 2011

Scince moving my children to Clarksville Christian School, I feel that they have been pushed further and have learned more this year than in the public school. The class sizes at Clarksville Christian school are small and really have helped my children in learning according to their needs. Clarksville Christian School has been a blessing to my family and me!

Posted April 5, 2011

Our son who has autism is a student at CCS. We are very pleased with the love, patience, and time he receives from the teachers, other staff members, and volunteers each day. We have seen so much growth and development during his time at CCS. It is a true blessing that our son can be well known, understood, and loved as an idividual rather than a number in a large classroom. We are pleased with his academic, social, and spiritual development.

Posted April 5, 2011

My children have been at CCS for one year and we could not be more pleased! When I leave my kids every morning, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt they are physically and emotionally safe and loved for who they are. I do hope the school will add more extra curricular activities in the future: clubs, team sports, etc..

Posted March 29, 2011

The academics were not up to standard in my opinion. If we ever decided to go back in the public school setting I was afraid that my child would be way behind. At the time that we were there they were not accredited but were still working on it. We are Christian and really wanted it to work out. But sadly, it did not.

Posted October 6, 2010

We were very disappointed with our experience at this school. We are Christian and wanted our child to learn in a Christian environment as well. Our expectations were not met at all. We put our child back in public school this year and they are doing wonderful. I would suggest doing a lot of research and visiting the school several times before enrolling. We were not treated well at all, nor our child. We are thankful to be out of there. Our child is an "A" student and loves school. We thank God for that.

Posted September 8, 2010

CCS is a place our family walked into and just knew it was home from the very beginning. This is our second year at CCS and our family could not be happier. The teachers are all certified and most of them have advanced teaching credentials. They teach with such love and passion for Christ and our children. No concern is ever to small to be heard and dealt with. The Christian education is not only something that is Bible centered but in every subject and in every teachable moment they have. The Principal has a wonderful open door policy and is also very welcoming. To us it feels more like a family than a facility.

Posted September 4, 2010

Our two children have been enrolled at CCS for three years, and have just started their fourth year. Our son attended two public schools, in two different states, prior to enrolling at CCS, so I think we have a fair idea of public school vs. private school. For our family, CCS is the perfect fit. We are a military family, so CCS is not only our school, it is our home-away-from-home. CCS is where our children have formed bonds, strengthened their faith, and excelled academically. One of the many things I appreciate about CCS is that they are not a "last resort" for children who have had trouble, or difficulty in the public school system. CCS is the first resort for parents who desire their children to have the benefit of a spiritual foundation, and an unparalleled academic experience here in Montgomery County.

Posted September 4, 2010

This is the second year my 2 children have attended CCS. I homeschooled before that. The administration and the teachers care about the children and will do whatever it takes to make sure they are getting a top notch education. The school is growing and only getting better. I am so blessed to be able to send my children to CCS!

Posted September 3, 2010

While CCS is new and is working toward offering everything one might want when choosing a school for their child, they are doing so with the right amount of planning, prayer, and funding. I am continually impressed with the research and effort by the Board, Principal, teachers, and parents to bring the best educational experience to all of the students. I have two children enrolled at CCS. My oldest would do well in any environment but is thriving in a smaller classroom - feeling less self-conscious and taking more risks for more experiences. My younger child struggles academically and CCS has be a real blessing for him. The individual attention he has received, including individualized education plans put in place BEFORE he entered the classroom have made all the difference in the world. We are so thankful for CCS and look forward to our future there!

Posted June 25, 2010

I have been involved with Clarksville Christian school since the preliminary stages and have always been impressed with the rigorous planning and prayer that has been implemented. The teachers and principal are all certified and experienced educators as well as many of the support staff. As a parent I love the positive, warm and caring atmosphere that my children experience each day. My children benefit from the Christian environment, the rigorous academics and small class sizes. CCS also offers several sports for the middle and high school grades and has plans for future expansion in this area. The children also participate in 4-H, Science Fair, Spelling Bee, Drama Club, Jr. Beta and various other activities that are offered. My family couldn't be happier with all that CCS offers for our children - it has been a great blessing!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 2%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Special education coordinator
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Nurse(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Computer specialist(s)
College counselor(s)
Art teacher(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Special education
Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Autism
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Before school: starts at 6:00 a.m.
  • Amanda Binkley, Principal
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 4 years old
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Special education coordinator

Performing arts
  • Drama
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Boy scouts
  • Chorus
  • Drama club
  • Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
  • Girl scouts

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor