Posted December 03, 2014
We built our home specifically in Fields of Northmeade for Barkers Mill School. Our daughter attended Barkers Mill for 3 months before summer break, and that summer we got re-zoned for Hazelwood. I was very disappointment because we built our home in that location for a certain school. But now, I am beyond satisfied with Hazelwood. My daughter has had amazing bus drivers, and teachers. She is now in 2nd grade and very advanced (reading level for 5th grade, math for 3rd grade) she does a little bit of 2nd grade work but her teacher has given her more 3rd grade work. The new principle Jessica Harris is amazing. We get notified by e-mail, phone call and text message. I am sad that this will be our daughters last year at Hazelwood due to a upcoming PCS this Summer.

Posted July 28, 2014
3 of my children attended Hazelwood up until the end of the 2014 school year ( my oldest started in 2006) and they each loved this school and all the teachers there!! I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this school and their staff! The staff works with all children and what ever their needs are... My oldest is very advanced (high school reading level in 3rd grade) and they kept her academically challenged while I have another child who needs the extra help and they made sure to give him all the help he needed! They love each and every single child as their own! Most teachers from other schools will only contact you if there is a problem with your child ;but NOT Hazelwood! They will call/email you if there has been an issue of course ; but they also believe in calling/emailing to let you know something positive about your child! Getting those special calls/emails just to let you know that your child had an excellent day or to let you know how he/she was a "shining star" and why just really seems to boost your child's confidence and makes them love going to school which makes sending them to school much easier on the parents!!

Posted May 14, 2014
My two children have attended Hazelwood the last four years. They both started kindergarten at this school. Their progress is impressive. I have to really sit and think sometimes, when I help them with their homework. They are challenged academically and the teachers are involved/motivated. This school is the only reason we haven't left Clarksville.

Posted January 20, 2014
My daughter has attended this school for 4 yrs now (K,1,2,3). We have LOVED this school since she started. We were not too happy with the old principal but the new one is truly amazing. He is very professional and always welcomes parental involvement. Friends of ours that have children attending other schools are always amazed at how advanced my daughter is in her education compared to their children.The class sizes are small and the teachers have always been very friendly. They send out weekly emails keeping parents updated on what they will be learning that week. We are currently in the process of moving due to job relocation, and I really hope our next school is going to be this good. I highly recommend it! Some parents have said that this school is run like the military but that is not true. The teachers do have high expectations from their students, but that's what makes a good school if you ask me. If your child puts in the time to learn then this school is a great place to enrich their mind.

Posted December 30, 2013
My child is in 2nd grade at Hazelwood. I have to say that Hazelwood is by far the best school my child has attended. Her teacher goes out of her way to insure that the students are learning and having fun. I could not be happier with the school, the office staff and mostly her teacher, she is amazing. Very impressed with Hazelwood.

Hazelwood Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2013
We have had a wonderful experience at Hazelwood Elementary. We had children in K, 1st, 3rd, and 4th during our time here. There are some amazing teachers, and the PE department is outstanding. The teachers are excited about their subject matter, and spend a lot of personal time and resources to offer additional activities such as after school clubs and computer programs to enhance the learning experience. We noted very little change when a new principal took over mid-year, and the office staff and administrators are attentive and polite.

Hazelwood Elementary School 1

Posted April 05, 2013
I hate this school. My daughter was in this school for half a year before i pulled her out to do homeschooling it was so bad. She was being made fun of for her glasses along with other things. When i talk with the teacher and principal no one cared or did anything. My daughter went from an A student to a C student it was getting so bad.

Posted August 14, 2012
The new principal makes such a huge difference. He is very focused on education and keeping everybody in sync.

Hazelwood Elementary School 3

Posted May 21, 2012
This school, like all has its challenges. But, there is now a new principal. My children have had some WONDERFUL teachers and some that aren't so great. I think that you find this anywhere. I would agree that under the old principal parent involvement wasn't welcomed much, but it seems to be better now. I hope that this is the case next year. I encourage all parents to be as involved as possible. You should be welcome in the school and don't take "No" for an answer. The more you are there and the more you say, the more that you will be accepted in the school.

Hazelwood Elementary School 2

Posted March 21, 2012
My daughter is a middle of the year transfer. They did not get outside time all winter. The teacher sends home a coded conduct folder 1- interrupting class 2 not following directions 3 not keeping hands to self. Etc etc. no feed back other then that is given, have to harass the teacher into telling me what is going on, half the time she has actually had to ask the children in her class what my child did that got her in trouble in the first place or will mark down conduct off the world of a child she didn't actually see it. She sends home homework that has no bearing on what they are covering in school that week. It's awful!!!

Hazelwood Elementary School
2623 Tiny Town Rd, Clarksville, TN  37042
(931) 553-2075
Last modified Hazelwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hazelwood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top