Waterville Community Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2013
I have been dissapointed with the morning drop off system at this school. I have a kindergartner and not once has there been a person outside in car line to help her get out and guide her into the school building. There are two lanes of cars and it is dangerous to let the small children out without someone directing the traffic and helping them get to the sidewalk. It is unheard of for an elementary school with students as young as five years old not to make sure that at least one (usually two) teachers or office employees are outside helping run a safe and organized car line system. Parents have to get out of the car and help young kids themselves and it makes for a very slow, disorganized, chaotic, unsafe experience. I am shocked at the lack of concern over the issue. Especially at the beginning of a new school year when kids are just learning what to do when dropped off. We honestly had a much better experience with a school last year that made it a priority to always have staff members opening doors, helping kids and directing traffic. Schedule and alternate the responsibilty between staff members. Greet the children with a smile and help start their day safely please.

Waterville Community Elementary School 5

Posted July 11, 2011
My daughter attended her first year at Waterville during the 2010-2011 school year. She was at first nervous of going to a new school, but from the school secretary to the lunch ladies, and teachers she now loves Waterville. I am so glad she goes there, we love everyone there, it is a really down to earth school and there is a wide variey of races of children there. We are an interracial family and have never received or had any issues regarding that ; but for us race is never a problem. The teachers are so caring and I love the fact that her 3rd grade teacher came out to help a friend of our family out during the recent tornado disaster. Waterville Community Elementary is truelly a school for the community, they join together to help the community. The school is dedicated to parent involvement in the education of the children, and that means alot to me, because a child's learning does begin at home I believe. I also love the basketball program we had an awesome basketball season this year!!! GO LADY CHEROKEES!!!

Waterville Community Elementary School 0

Posted August 05, 2009
I disagree! I have visited the school very often on a weekly basis with my child and the cafe staff was nothing but nice! They go out of their way to help our children! The food is great too!

Posted September 21, 2008
The staff is very friendly and nice. Some times there is need to disipline students and they do a fine job when necessary. I have visited the school many times a week. The teachers and the princpal are intereseted in the development of the students. They have great programs to help students gain interest in reading.

Waterville Community Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2008
I have visited the school cafe once or twice.The cafe workers treat the children like dogs. When the children need to go to the bathroom they are told no most of the time.The workers yell more than the children.Some of the workers has even made some of the children cry. The workers do not smile at all because the are griping at the children for nothing. Parents please visited the cafe and you will see or ask your children and believe the children

Waterville Community Elementary School 0

Posted August 04, 2008
I rate this school as a 5 Star school. Great teachers, great principle, and great academic opportunities.

Posted June 17, 2008
This will be both my sons 1st year at Waterville. We only had a problem with one of the Teachers, but Mrs. Cofer and I had several talks and the issue was resolved. Though the school drop off could be better organized for child safety. But all in all the kids enjoy the teachers, staff, and school.

Waterville Community Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2007

Posted November 08, 2006
Waterville has been great for my child. Ms. Lillard has made learning fun. My child loves to learn but did not enjoy going to school in the past but now loves to go. I have visited the school many times. The staff is very nice and friendly.

Waterville Community Elementary School 3

Posted December 06, 2005
wces has gone through major changes with administration and it shows. the most noticeable is the new principle, mrs. coffer. i have never the lady smile, go up to a child and hug or ask them how their day is going. she does not have southern or other social skills and seems the ignore parents. the feedback from parents, children and some of the teachers there is not good. communication has become a problem too.

Waterville Community Elementary School
4081 Dalton Pk South East, Cleveland, TN  37323
Last modified Waterville Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waterville Community Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top