Walker Valley High School

Public | 9-12 | 1505 students

Posted June 7, 2012

I can honestly say Walker Valley High School saved my life. I transferred in my freshman year after experiencing extreme bullying at Cleveland High, and I don't even have words for how wonderful it is. Not only are the teachers wonderful, the students are all generally very nice. Teachers use out of the box ideas and take a genuine interest in their students, and the principal knows every single student by name. I've never seen any group of people be so caring in their lives, down to the lunch ladies. Any student is lucky to be able to attend. I'm so thankful this is where I got to go.

Posted August 17, 2009

Better late than never. My son gratuated from Walker Valley by the skin of his teeth. He was at Cleveland until his troublesome junior yr. He transferred to Walker Valley and found a home. Walker Valley struck me as a litle bit of a throw back when teachers taught and kids listened. Caring teachers that created good decent kids coupled with concerned parents created the best high school in this region. I thank Walker Valley for saving my son.

Posted April 2, 2009

My son is a Sophmore at WVHS. He has thrived at this shchool. All the teachers are very caring and the principal is wonderful.

Posted January 27, 2009

My daughter is a freshman at WVHS. She has been very happy there. She loves her teachers and the principle is wonderful. They keep the 9th graders away from the rest of the students, if you like that, my daughter likes to be around other kids too, so she doesn't care for that part. I say throw them in there with the rest of the students, like we did in the good ole days, it toughens them up.

Posted October 20, 2008

Walker Valley is like an elite public school. People beg to get in this school. I've attend this school all my high school career and I LOVE it. The teachers really care about what they teach and they want you to do well. There is always tutoring if you need help with anything. Our hour lunch is amazing! If you haven't heard of our marching band, you have been living under a rock. (I'm in the band. If you play an instrument be in this band!!) Of course high school is what you make it, but Walker Valley certainly allows you to make your high school years the best. I can't say enough about this school. If you are going to go to high school in Bradley County and go to Walker Valley.

Posted July 28, 2008

I love this school! I went to a small private school in Kingsport for my first 2 years of high school and absolutely hated it! But I moved here and I cant believe how amazing this school is. Mr. Coggin is the best principal in the world. He is so cool. He actually likes us! And all the teachers are great. I've only disliked 2 so far. And the extracurriculars are awesome! This year is my senior year and its going to be the best ever because i have the most amazing classes! And our lunches are unbelievable. We actually get good food, like Papa John's pizza and the chicken caserole is to die for! I can't rate this school high enough! it deserves like a 99 instead of a 5.

Posted October 30, 2007

My freshman year I attended another local high school and hated it. I decided to move to Walker Valley and would never move anywhere else! The school is absolutely wonderful and the faculty is amazing! Not to mention how welcoming the students were!

Posted March 6, 2007

I am a student at Walker Valley and I Love it. There are so many clubs and extra things to be involved in . The teachers are very helpful and they keep a positive attitude.

Posted October 23, 2006

My son is a Junior at Walker Valley HS. He has had a wonderful High School experience! He feels accepted, he feels safe, and he has excelled in all areas. The teachers have been wonderful, he is on The Honor Roll every year so far. Mr. Coggin, the Principal, is a great leader and it shows in his staff and in his students. The Band Program is 'Awesome', Mr. Hunt and Band Staff have made the best Music Program for these kids, it's fun, teaches them responsibility, & gives them self esteem as well as teaching them to work as a team. As a Mother, I am so grateful for 'Walker Valley HS', I know my son's experiences here will lead him to be a successful adult. He literally kisses the school doors 'goodbye' each summer and anxiously awaits the next year. Thank You WVHS Staff!

Posted October 7, 2006

Walker Valley is absoluetly the Best High school around. My daughter LOVED all of her years there. She Graduated with Honors. My neice moved here from Vegas to have that same opportunity. She TOO is doing well, and been on the Honor Roll for all 3 years. A Clean, safe enviironment, also has excellent Teachers. My kids never wanted to miss school. I have NO complaints!! Awesome Band & music program as well. Karen Auday

Posted October 24, 2005

In a word - excellent! Walker Valley High School is proof that having the right leadership at the top makes all the difference in the world. The principal and teachers genuinely care about the students and it shows. We experienced a high school in a neighboring county for 2 years and there is absolutely no comparison. My kids are learning more, making better grades, and are actually motivated to do well! I thank God every day for Walker Valley High School.

Posted October 3, 2005

I have a freshman at walker valley, and it is the first time i've ever heard him say anything like this about a school . But he said, I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL. That from a student say's alot for the school. Thank You Walker Valley.

Posted December 13, 2004

I currently have a freshmen at WVHS. My daughter absolutely loves it! The teachers are great, Mr.Coggin is wonderful,the school board just recently allowed blue jeans,and the extra curricular activities & student involvement is great! She is also doing well in school and is hoping to get into the Circle of Champions. We love Walker Valley. (And the basketball team is really good!)

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

405 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 42% in 2013.

333 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 62% in 2013.

336 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

402 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 59% in 2013.

384 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

English III

The state average for English III was 40% in 2013.

334 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 38%N/A55%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

750 Lauderdale Mem Hwy NW