Elizabethton, TN

Hunter Elementary School 3

Posted September 09, 2013
My oldest son started out in this school in the 4th grade he has now went on to high school. The principal there at the time was awful. My son was being bullied and when he tried to defend him self the principal gave him a writing assignment. I told him that he wasn't doing it. I agree with the most part of the post here some of the teachers could care less when it comes to the students all they are there for to have a chat session. Recently my youngest had fell and broke his arm and instead of releasing him to his grandmother they made him sit there and then fussed at me cause I was in another town at the time to get there. There was only one teacher who really cared and he did his best to make sure my son was comfortable till someone got there. The so called nurse they had was at the high school and later found out that she was upset cause she had to go back to Hunter to tend to a child who fell. After a few days it was brought to my attention that some of the playground equipment students wasn't suppose to be on until they was in higher grade and yet the teachers thought this time was a social event and wasn't watching them. I have always like this school till now.

Hunter Elementary School 2

Posted September 06, 2013
I Used to love this School, until My kids got into higher grades, There are some really great teachers at this school , but there are a few who are just Mean and demeaning to the kids, They dont like My son because he is different, so they are trying to convince the new principle that My son is one of the trouble makers when he is Not, i have had nothing but trouble with this school for the past 4 years. I WILL be transferring my kids as soon as i learn how to do so.. They dont give detailed explanations oh how they want some work done. One teacher in General doesn't like your kid if your not well off, and will treat your kid like garbage! be wary about attending this school. We do have a new principle this year who is supposed to be fixing things but so far the only thing im hearing is the teachers tell the kids the new principle is here to straighten you kids up GRR so frusterated

Hunter Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
hunter elem. I really like this school. I drive my son to this school every day since we are out of area. I choose this school because they actually care about each student and take the time out to contact parents if there are issues in a class. There is no racism or bulling in this school and the principals are very interested in what parents have to say. They are quick to jump on a complaint and make it right. the teachers actually teach here and dont just teach to pass a tcap test...

Hunter Elementary School 1

Posted November 14, 2012
My daughter is a student at this school and I am very disappointed. She has come home telling me about discussions held by 1 teacher which are not appropriate and has made me think about my choice of having her attend this school. Alot of the assignments are not even given in actual detail for the children to understand and when I ask her about it she says mom we have to figure it out ourselves they dont have time. When I went to school teachers cared they actually wanted you to learn what they taught and if you was having problems they cared and took time to show you. My daughter has told me she doesnt have that at Hunter, can ask why?

Posted June 06, 2010
I was at that school for five stright years and I loved it!!!! It may not seem the smartest or civilest, but i comaparedit's better than allot of schools.

Hunter Elementary School 2

Posted March 06, 2010
My child has had a few great teachers but most horrible ones. Most of the teachers act like they are going to a social, not work! They do not try to help the children. They just throw work at them without help and put movies in. The movies give the teachers time to socialize. The principal is a joke too. The students might as well be teaching theirselves.

Posted October 05, 2009

Posted March 12, 2009

Hunter Elementary School 4

Posted November 07, 2008
My daughter transferred to Hunter in 1st grade, I can not say enough about the wonderful teachers! My daughter is a straight A student, and I believe it is with the help and care that all of these teachers give. She has not had a bad teacher since starting and she is now in 5th grade. There are a few that are more strict than others, but I believe they need to be. I also love the new pricipal she is wonderful. The only problem I have worried about is the roof, which is now being addressed and hopfeully since we voted for the tax to be passed we will not have these worries any more. I believe the City Schools or any school would be blessed to have such a dedicated staff as Hunter!

Hunter Elementary School 0

Posted March 25, 2008
I have had problems from the 1st day that my kids transferred to this school. There are some great teachers in this school but unfortunately they are a minority. The administration is horrible & the teachers even worse. There is zero communication between parents & teachers & the kids get very little praise. My son would come home in tears daily until I finally decided to change schools. He is doing wonderful now. When he transferred to Hunter he was a C average student.While at Hunter he was failing. Now he is bringing home B's and C's again. My daughter was a straight A student before transferring to Hunter and now she is a C average student. I think that speaks volumes about this school. They attended Happy Valley previously so it is not that the curriculum is harder, just the teachers do not teach them.

Hunter Elementary School
145 Hope St, Elizabethton, TN  37643
Last modified Hunter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hunter Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top