Posted April 21, 2013
well you see they feed us and care for us they have tootarering and feed us breackfest

Posted March 31, 2013
We gave it a chance now it time to cut our losses! The scores tell the story. They tried moving the rich kids in to bring up the scores, yet it backfired.

Posted May 29, 2012
After just one year we are moving our kids from this school! It is a very bad school. Also by the way Geart School site what happen to the NCLB post about this sorry school.

Posted May 15, 2012
As an involved parent for the past 11 years, I know HEMS a good school. With the hiring of our new principal the school has made great strides in improving in academics, athletics & in the arts. The new principal with the support of the school board and Dr. Looney has been committed to challenge the students and staff to excel. As a Westhaven resident I made the decision to join a group of West Franklin / Leipers Fork parents to raise funds to support our community school. With the community we raised $300,000 to purchase the same goods other middle school PTOs have had years to purchase for their schools. Parents I know who have children at HEMS are pleased with the programs offered and the challenge their kids are receiving in the classroom. With a smaller student body my child knows the school staff and their classmates. The test scores for the school have improved and will continue to do so which we can watch as the years progress under the leadership of the new principal and her staff. I have worked closely with Dr. Looney and other school board members and know they support the school. I know my daughter will be well prepared for high school after attending HEMS.

Posted May 15, 2012
As a active parent and sub for the school for 6 years, we have been more than pleased. We actually chose this school over all the others in Williamson County because it was a small, country school with k-8th grade. Having your children in a school for those years is such a blessing. Don't let the words small or country scare you off. It just means we have a family atmosphere with a diversity of students. There is something for every child from arts, music, sports, technology. Our kids have had amazing teachers each year who hav make learning fun and challenging. You walk in our school and the office, teachers and staff all know your childrens name and make them feell welcomed and loved. Not many schools can offer that piece of the puzzle. Since all of Williamson County teaches from the same scope and secquence. We have all the benefits of the wonderful educaion with the small loving atmosphere. This is a hidden gem. Those that are here and active in this school always brag about how lucky we are to have our children at Hillsboro.

Posted May 15, 2012
I have had a child at HEMS for 3 years and excited to have my daughter attend middle school at HEMS as well. The parental committment is beyond compare and the new leadership is outstanding. I too am involved in fundraising efforts for this school and honored to be apart of an amazing West Franklin/Leiper's Fork/HEMS community. I have nothing but pride and respect for the teachers, staff and parents that continue to strive for excellence in education at HEMS. If any parent wants to learn more about the school, PLEASE contact the PTO/Principle and/or other school leadership. There are plenty of folks willing to share all the great strides we are making at HEMS. Go Indians!

Posted May 15, 2012
We moved to Franklin this past summer and my girls left a very small pricate school where they had been since they were 5. This was our first experience with public school. The PTO is without question the best Ive ever seen. The agenda of each person on it is 1 thing and 1 thing only, the improvement of the school. I am astounded at some of the negative comments. I would like to ask those people what sort of energy they put forth other than negativity. Is HEMS perfect? No, but the good news is everyone ive met whether its the parents or staff has one goal.......to make it the best it can be. You naysayers can take your negativity elsewhere, meanwhile we will continue to support this wonderful school.

Posted May 14, 2012
Hillsboro is a small school (only 270 in the middle school). My kids have only been in the middle school. Academically, the program is good, though the test results don't show it from the past. I think this year's will be different, when released. There is a lot of creativity in the teaching and because of the small class sizes, the kids get lots of attention. The teachers are tireless in their commitment to the students. I do not personally like the principal but I do like the assistant principals. The sports program is lacking because we play schools 4 times our size and get clobbered. But the administration worked hard to get us a blended sports schedule starting next school year so that we can play some schools in the conference and some out (private schools that are more our size). Dr. Looney has challenged the administration to make this the best K-8 school in the southeast so hopefully, he will give them the resources to do that.

Posted July 29, 2011
this school is OK but it is not as good as i would want it to be i know other people that went to it 20 years before me and didn't like it and its terrible the teachers dont teach you what you need to know and the schools funding is low because of it because the students dont understand what t-cap is talking about and the government wont fund them that much money.

Posted May 19, 2011
It is easy to complain, and just as easy to post high praise. I am offering some observations. The program is small and children are joyful and positive. Art and ideas on on the walls. The kids are participating. There is a new principal now and she is magnificent. New buildings and classrooms are on the way. The PTO has a new group of volunteers and working incredibly hard. 1. Raising $300,000 in funds for school improvements starting with the formation of a 501C to develop this program permanently. 2. The formation of new Golf Team, golf fund raising program, and great interest from the children. 3. Major repairs and upgrades to improve the football turf. 4. A number of clever and well run fundraisers, including a concert program, golf tournaments, social events are in motion. 5. Students and volunteers mobilized to beautify the campus painting many areas in bright and fun colors. 6. The formation of a new Band w/ band director, band equipment fundraising under way. 7. New focus by County administration and faculty will makeHMS tops in the state 8. Parent involvement is developing quickly and expanding. A testament to what can be done when people set high goals.

Hillsboro Elementary/ Middle School
5412 Pinewood Rd, Franklin, TN  37064
Last modified Hillsboro Elementary/ Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillsboro Elementary/ Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top