Gray, TN

Posted April 25, 2014
I wish I had more than a 1200 character allowance on this post. The principal at this school is a bully if you disagree with her. She is very condescending and very dishonest. The assistant principal who used to be a principal at Grandview is not much better. He actually made a threat to me if I did not comply with what he wanted. If you know someone in the school district or school then your child will be fine, but if you don't and you don't have a lot of money then your child will suffer. If you ask for help for a struggling child you will get told," I have 25 other students to teach." When you get called to a meeting they will gang up on you just like in high school. Basically they want your child to sit at their desk like a robot and if they don't they will harass you to put them on medication. The children do not get treated fairly, but if you are in their clique the rules don't apply. I spoke with another parent who was told her son "was lazy" because he made a 95 on a math test. Sending my child to this school was a huge mistake. Please don't make the same mistake I did. Please send your child to a school where the teachers and staff really care.

Posted October 13, 2013
This is a great school. Every teacher we have had is very caring and focused on our childs education. We are very happy with the level of engagement of the teachers and the education. The school is very driven to improve test scores which is good because there is a focus on education. If you're a lazy parent and don't want to be involved then send your children to a different school.

Ridgeview Elementary School 3

Posted July 04, 2013
This school is new, but not remarkable regarding technology, layout, etc. It's athletic programs and facilities are outstanding. Most (75-80%) of the teachers seem to do a great job instructing the students. Most (85-90%) of the teacher assistants are awesome, too. Unfortunately the leadership at this school is awful. The extremely opinionated and outspoken principal touts a non-bully policy, but she's the biggest bully on any campus. She is very demeaning to staff, parents and students, yells and points fingers (literally) and never wants to hear the other side. The vast majority of students are polite and well behaved. This school draws from a small, mainly middle class, clique-like community where everyone knows everyone and many are related. It is very difficult for new students to be included in this tight-knit environment, especially if they have less money to spend on clothing, shoes, etc.

Posted June 19, 2013
There are very few teachers at this school that care about the education and well-being of the children. My child was being bullied by another child at school and at extracurricular activities. This was brought up to numerous staff members with no resolution. Repeated attempts to contact the principal on this matter we were also ignored. Even after our complaint was finally acknowledged (4 months time); the administration's response was a slap on the wrist for the bully and a "kids will be kids" explanation. I am in agreement with the other parent that if you are wealthy you receive better treatment. Once you were outcast, there was no hope of ever feeling like you belong at the school. My child came home in tears for months until we finally moved to a different district. Instead of the D's and F's we were receiving on report cards, the grades have transformed to A's and B's!! I would encourage any parent questioning whether or not to enroll their child in this school to seriously consider it. Is being in a new school with the newer technology worth the risk of emotional distress to your child?

Posted November 30, 2012
This school is very political. The principal and teachers promote a 'bully free' environment, however, the staff do more bullying than the students. If your child attends this school, I suggest you give the appearance of being very wealthy. The wealthy population do not have to follow the same rules of the rest of population. The teachers and staff will treat the middle and lower class students with no respect and will take their frustrations out on them whenever the mood strikes them. Of course, their actions will be supported by the principal.

Posted November 30, 2012
The rules don't apply to staff. The principal is awful. I have to teach my child material at home, if i don't, she doesn't learn anything.

Posted April 23, 2011
My daughter is in the 2nd grade this year and at the beginning of second grade was struggling. She started the year with a 1.4 reading level and thanks to alot of hard work on her part, and alot of hard work on the part of her teacher she will be ending the year at roughly a 3.5 reading level. While I certainly don't discount all of her hard work, I am certain that she would have not obtained this much sucess without the help of her wonderful dedicated teacher. Mrs. Thomas goes above and beyond for all of her students, and is truely a credit to her profession. If you are moving to the area don't be afraid of county schools, the teaching staff is very dedicated, loving, and professional.

Posted November 10, 2010
This is a wonderful school. It is not K-5 it is K-8. It is a new school, the teachers have been great. I have 3 children attending Ridgeview and they love it. Great school, great place to live and raise a family.

Posted November 29, 2009
My son transferred to Ridgeview from another local school and we have been very happy with the move. The facility is very modern, the staff and faculty are professional and my son actually enjoys going to school now. A++

Ridgeview Elementary School
252 Sam Jenkins Rd, Gray, TN  37615
Last modified Ridgeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top