Hermitage, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted February 05, 2014
My school is a supportive and caring place to be. Ruby Major has a great make-up of diversity and creative, hard-working faculty.

Ruby Major Elementary School 2

Posted October 06, 2013
Overall my child received good instruction and valued learning skills from his immediate teachers. Be Very concerned if you a parent of a multi race child. As a parent on onel occasion I have experienced staff stating that certain students were abominations of God. As a parent I was embarrassed. Make certain to attend all PTO events. In this school, parental involvement may help your child throughout the year. The atmosphere is unwelcoming at first but after 5 years of attendance you get used to the staff being busy and unconcerned about allergy or food preferances .

Posted May 31, 2013
Ruby Major has been a great first year experience for my daughter and I. Her teacher who is retiring was an awesome Kindergarten teacher. I love the community of the school (togetherness), the support from teachers and administrators. They need to continue to be positive, supportive and loving to all children no matter the ethnicity/race, socioeconomic status etc. Awesome school! I made a good choice for my daughter.

Posted March 24, 2013
IMPRESSIVE! That is Ruby Major in one word. I see teachers & staff involved with the students and their parents. I see children who enjoy learning: respecting their teachers and valued by their teachers. I see my grandsons involved in education, and I see the parents proud and participating--knowing Ruby Major produces "10"'s every day.

Posted July 16, 2012
This is an excellent school! We have very much enjoyed the school years so far and will add another K to it this upcoming year. My child is very excited to go to school. My oldest is very much looking forward to being back there. Amazing watching your children grow leaps and bounds under such good teachership!

Posted March 02, 2012
I love my daughter's kindergarten teacher. She is very well organized and works well with the students. There seems to be a sense of community at this school. A litte boy in my daughter's class had major surgery and a note was sent home to parents asking them (if they wanted to) to donate money to the family. I was very happy to do so ! I also think the school is very clean and inviting !

Ruby Major Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2011
The teachers at Ruby Major are amazing! They truly care for the kids and go the extra mile. I'm not as impressed by the principal. I've had kids in this school since the doors opened six years ago, and the one issue that has continually been a problem is the cafeteria. The office secretary who primarily monitors the cafeteria humiliates children regularly and seems to genuinely dislike them. The issue hasn't been corrected even though parents have voiced concerns year after year.

Posted May 31, 2010
my kids went this school in last 2 years and priciple is awesome and i have nothing bad to say this is best school ever compare what we had last year. i miss ruby major

Ruby Major Elementary School 0

Posted February 11, 2010
I couln't be happier with the education that my child has received at Ruby Major Elementary. In her 5 years there she has had amazing teachers who not only promote strong academic growth but also provide a safe, caring environment.

Posted October 30, 2009
My son started Kindergarten there this year and I am so delighted with the school. The PTO works diligently and with such dedication conducting fundraisers to assist the school in every way possbile. My son's teacher is excellent and her experience with kindergartners (she has been a kindergarten teacher for 30 yrs) is phenomenal. She is very particular in her goal of working with each child and making sure they succeed. Everyone is always so friendly and willing to help if you have questions about the cirruiculum or anything else. Just a wonderful place.

Ruby Major Elementary School
5141 John Hager Rd, Hermitage, TN  37076
Last modified Ruby Major Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ruby Major Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top