Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

While the students present at this school system are lacking in the way of motivation for their education, the teacher's I've had are phenomenal at helping those who take the initiative. Many teachers will go out of their way to help their students when those students come to them. For example, Mr. and Mrs. Copeland stay after school nearly every day offering tutoring and other assistance to their students. They, among numerous others, have helped myself tremendously during this senior year of mine. The downsides to this school consists of the office staff, whom clearly hold favorites out of the student body, which is really quite unfortunate. Also, too much money goes to sports, such as football, whereas my science teachers have struggled in procuring the funds for science labs, often times paying for the materials out of pocket. Additionally, the students themselves are lackluster, with fights happening far too often.

I was apprehensive about sending my daughter to CCHS because of it's size, but I am glad I did. The teachers that I have encountered have been very enthusiastic about there jobs as educators. The administration and staff really have a positive outlook.

Two of my children attended this school, if it were possible to give it a 0 rating I would have I guess I'll have to settle for a 1. Parents are treated like outsiders, administration at this school is terrible, other than a report card no effort is made to inform parents of any opportunities or problems, communication is non existent. The only seniors who are informed of college opportunities or given scholarships are ones from prominent parents in the community. If home schooling had been available when my children attended I would most definitely have taken that route.

Fresh coat of paint, and new kitchen, this year. Everything else... everything that has everything to do with what a school *should* be about: progressive leadership, focus, teacher involvement, quality of texts and instruction, student preparedness for real world living outside of this trap in a vacuum, etc - the same = 1 out of possible TEN, not possible 5. Kids 'just show up' to be counted as present, because faculty 'just show up' for a paycheck. Parent involvement is rendered useless. Direct reflection of Admin stance regardless of who's in position(s) of admin. The rating of "7" on this site for this school is a very poor and offensive joke.

The school admin is awful. I have been trying to get them to let me come up and talk to the school students about what it will take to get into college, as well as other opportunities that the students will have after high school. I am recent graduate and I want this opportunity to give back to the school, but the school officials are fighting tooth and nail to keep me from the school.

I believe the school need more leadership. The dress code is not enforced. It is awful how some of the students dress. The main thing is parents let them leave the house looking this way.

the school is trying to help students learn and the teachers did their best to try to get the writing scores up.

My son is a Freshman and I am not happy with the level of communication by the school. There are some teachers that started the year with a good effort but that wained over the semester. I think better communication for progress reports, agendas and activities is desperately needed to improve parent and teacher involvement - it is hard to get involved when you have no idea what is going on. I also think teachers are the key to success and failure. My son excels with certain teachers and struggles with other and it is not about the subject - a bad teacher can ruin a favorite subject and vice versa. I think teachers is one of the most important jobs in the world. We need incentives and competition to keep the best and weed out the rest.

My son has been going here for the last 4 yrs, I receive very few letters telling Me about what's going n in the schools.. any kind of activities or even progress reports..He has yet to bring home a book and when asked why O get the response * There isnt enough for everyone to have one* which I have asked and sure enough they are short on books..If we are paying taxes where is all this money going? For the roads, in the admisnistratiprs pockets?..Where???.. Shouldnt it be goinginto fixing our childrens schools and giving them a place to learn and advance to be prepared for adulthood?..The teachers in this school *Minus a few* are pathetic.. they act as if it's a burden for them to even show up, which isn't sending the kids the right message..

Finding out about school activities and agendas is extremely difficult. More information in a timely manner needs to be available to parents.

Last modified Campbell County Comprehensive High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.