Posted October 02, 2014
This school is now only 5th and 6th grade and it is awful. It's all about control, containment, and punishment - not education. It is sad. There are no sports, no student council, no morning announcements, no clubs... literally nothing to attempt to make this place a community of any kind. No school spirit, no fun activities, I don't think they even have field trips. The kids call it "Indian Jail" and even the teachers don't look happy to be there. The front office staff seem miserable all the time. The school is all about moving the kids through with no individual attention, no real accelerated or gifted program. It's a big mistake to make a 5/6 grade school of 1100 kids and then a 7/8 school as well. Two years at one place and then 2 more years at another - very disjointed for the kids, the teachers and principal cannot get to know anyone in such a short time, it doesn't promote any sense of community or parental involvement because the kids are shuttled in and out so fast. We moved here recently and paid a lot more money to buy in JC because the schools were rated so high. We regret this move and now need to look into private schools. Very disappointing.

Indian Trail Middle School 1

Posted April 04, 2012
We are not impressed with this school. It is ok if you are athletic but administration refuses to deal with the constant and unrelenting bullying. I am afraid for my son's well being. We are very sorry we moved here.

Posted June 22, 2010
I am a parent of a child attending this school. I was disappointed by the strict goverence, boot camp atmosphere. They may excel at academics in some areas, but, not all children are at the level of their expectations. Hugely disappointed. On another note the campus is lovely.

Posted March 16, 2010
I am a former student of ITMS and I absolutly loved it. I was exceling in all subjects in both of my years there. There is a teacher in my mind that is the best teacher in the entire world. Her name is Mrs. Redman-Gray. I enjoyed my sixth grade year with her so much! Go Mustang and Bobcat hall!!!

Posted June 02, 2009

Posted June 02, 2009

Posted April 21, 2009
ITMS is the top rated middle school in the state of TN. It has a large number of excellent programs, in particular its music programs are outstanding. Susan Lambert, the orchestra instructor for ITMS and Science Hill High School, is very gifted and her students win national orchestra competitions. ITMSstudents score highly on TCAPs, win math bowls, etc, all of which reflect the quality of education they receive.

Indian Trail Middle School 1

Posted March 05, 2009

Indian Trail Middle School 0

Posted February 12, 2009
indian trail is the best school EVER! i would totally reccommend this school to any middle schooler. 10 stars

Posted February 06, 2009
Being a former student of Indian Trail, I have come to find that it is lacking in programs for gifted children. I now go to Happy Valley High School, a Carter County School, and surprisingly, my mom and I found out that it has a better gifted program.

Indian Trail Middle School
307 Car Mol Dr, Johnson City, TN  37601
Last modified Indian Trail Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Trail Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top