Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

What homework, my daughter never had any.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My daughter he'd a boy calling her observed Na message and used fowl language in front of a teacher. The teacher did nothing but tell them to have a seat

It is doing so much better since Davis is no longer the principal. He was verbally abusive to many staff members who in turned retired or transferred. I guess that the main school board office had so many complaints about him bullying people they transferred him to the main office after one year at SD and made him supervisor of high schools. That is what happens in our school system.....if you mess up, you move up ! Sad but so true.

Whenever I attended this school (My Freshman year) I felt as if the teachers were marvelous and fully dedicated to improve the school. With that being said, the downside to this school are the students. I feel as if half of them actually care about learning while the other half could care less. This school needs to improve the structure upon the students and help them to value education. This is my community school and I wish the best to this school and their improvement.

My freshman year I attended South Doyle. Throughout the year I was bullied because of my religion and the fact that I was weaker/smaller than other kids. When my parents took this to the administration, they (the administration) punished me and not the people bullying me. Also, many of the teachers did not care about the students, and only cared about keeping their jobs. South Doyle is truly a horrible school, and I would not reccomend it to anyone. I now attend the L&N STEM Academy, and it is a much better and safer school. The teachers actually care about the students, and the classes are a healthy challenge. Not to mention the use of iPads, which aid with classes. STEM is definitely one of the best schools in Knoxville (and they accept students from counties surrounding Knox).

well we got our computers and there are some students and even teachers that need money for supplies because they are some students who don't have what they need and the teachers have to take time out of their selves and out of their money so we need the money for us to be the best we can be and we are south doyle.

Great school! Great leadership by Mr. Berry and his staff! Great things happening at South-Doyle High School! Plenty of honors and AP classes to choose from. I can't stress enough, if you want your student to succeed, YOU, THE PARENT MUST BE INVOLVED! My son attends SDHS and it has been an awesome experience.

I graduated from this school, my son graduated from this school and now my grandson goes there.

I am a student in South Doyle High School right now, and have had nothing but positive experiences here. I am a straight-A student, primarily due to the teachers actually understanding their subject matter, and particularly like the way the school administration handles their duties. This school is farther away from the center of Knox County, and as such, policy changes tend to be somewhat slow. As such, the rules tend to be very relaxed. I also went to Karns High School during my Freshman year, so I have a comparison point - The students are much happier here and are only barely falling behind Karns. The theory that "Working hard at all times of every day of the week makes a good student" is absolute junk. Students do better when not in therapy from unnecessary stress.

Im a Current Student at this School it's horrible The teachers can't teach and the prinicpals aren't good authority figures. The only thing that is positive about this school is the College and Career advisor, Mrs. Jackson.

Last modified South Doyle High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.