Knoxville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,064

South Doyle Middle School 5

Posted December 11, 2014
Okay, so I go to this school and I love it. The chorus teachers are wonderful. Band is awesome. 6th grade Suite C is pretty awesome 7th grade C is pretty awesome too. Yes, the school can be bad but it depends on how you act around others. Parents, if your child is bad and uses bad language and is just bad, then you can bet they will be fighting. If they are good and nice and everything, they will be just fine. So, another thing. The teachers can be pretty strict but it depends on how you act yourself. Some teachers are rude and will kick you out of the classroom with and Office Disipline Referal if you say one thing. Others are really cool and chill. Be nice and make as many friends as possible. Your gonna need them. Also, the school has made great improvements with a few flaws. We have a lock system. Teachers have a card/key that has to be swiped over a monitor to get into the school from the outside. Bad thing is that students usually might be late because teachers may take some time to come open the door. Expect to hear bad language, see fights , and hear gossip. Don't taddle on anyone, you'll find yourself hurting and on the floor. Just , be a good kid and all will be fine. :)

Posted November 03, 2014
Horrble! We recently moved to S. Knoxville and my daughter had her first day today. It should have been a sign when my wife was transferring her last week when there was already a student in the office for fighting, and the police had been called for vandalism in boys bathroom. That was before 9am! We're already looking at other schooling options. I strongly urge parents not to transfer their children here.

Posted October 02, 2014
My daughter is currently enrolled and in the third month of school we have been called twice for my daughter getting hit. This is a violent school and I would recommend enrolling any student there. Staff is great but the lack of security and parenting is alarming. We are currently looking to relocate her A.S.A.P.!!!!

South Doyle Middle School 2

Posted March 10, 2013
My son goes to SDMS and is in the honors classes there. The teachers are really pretty good and do the best they can. However there is a lot that they can't do anything about. He has been cursed at, had food thrown at him and sees fights every day. I have nothing but good to say about the teachers my son has had but the environment that the kids have to learn in is horrible and needs to change.

Posted July 29, 2012
this is the worest school i have ever been to. the kids there are just horrible. i was bullied, picked on, terrified of it, and 10000+ more. just imange being picked on and bullied everyday for 8 hours nonstop. i called my mom one time and my mom said did you tell the teacher in hallway and i said yes. so i ask her i need to go. and she said are you sure, they should not tardy you if you tell them. i go to class and they tardied my and i even said a kid hit me so hard and she said i did not care. it says i am a parent but i am a student i done that so i can rate the school. if there was a 0 i would this school does not deserve a 1 it deserves a 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yep. i am very sick about this school. thank god i go to online now. so i do not recommed this school to anyone but kids that are rude and don;t care about education!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 25, 2010
Have a 7th grader at the Middle School now. We've had a few situations this year that still have me scratching my head. There are 2 new principals this year, and from what I can tell, nothing has changed. Still way below par when you look at what other parts of Knox County have to offer. The teacher quality is about 50/50. Just depends on who you get whether or not you can look forward to a productive year of learning. Extracurricular activities are lacking. Sports - if you play basketball, you're in luck. They sponsor that. Soccer, Football - no - go find a club team. Other clubs are available, but are poorly run and not promoted, and teacher involvement is minimal. Parent involvement - 6-8 parents at PTSA meetings.....1000+ kids.....you do the math. Safety and Discipline....what's this? Hey, but the floors are nice and shiny!

South Doyle Middle School

Posted August 07, 2007
South doyle is a great school except for the fact that you only have three electives to choose from. I want some different classes to choose from!! But I am in eight grade, so its okay cause im leaving soon anyway. :)

South Doyle Middle School 4

Posted February 01, 2007
I am very impressed with Mrs. Cole, the principal. She is very involved and very caring. My daughter has wonderful friends, is ver involved in school activities, and does well on standerdized tests. She is thriving in 7th grade, and loves her school!!!!

Posted January 04, 2007
Teachers- great Availability of programs- absolutely terrible Parent involvement- too bad for words Academic programs- not good

South Doyle Middle School 5

Posted November 06, 2006
I am a student at South-Dolye and in the 8th grade. it is a wonderful school (besides the new changes this year). The extracurricular activites are great. I just want to thank all of the teachers at south doyle.

South Doyle Middle School
3900 Decatur Drive, Knoxville, TN  37920
Last modified South Doyle Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Doyle Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top