Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted August 10, 2009
My child has attended WHE since Kindergarten she will be starting 4th grade this year. I have been very impressed with the staff and sense of community in this 'neighborhood' school.

West Haven Elementary School 4

Posted October 10, 2005
This school needs at least one extra curricular activity. They have a whole court that is so old that it is all rusted. It is in a very good location.They used to have scouts which they should bring back. They need to have influencial speakers,like career day That was so much fun. They need to convince knox county schools to at least let them go on one field trip.West haven has been standing for what 60-70 years. They need a younger principal who caninteract with the students.

Posted November 22, 2004
This school is as good as it gets. The staff are very friendly and child oriented. I was a student at this school and now my children are. There are still teachers that know and taught me. These teachers are unforgettable. I know that when my children are at school, they are safe and well taken care of. They are learning at an incredible rate. There is not another school like it!

Posted May 30, 2004
West Haven has a pride about it that not all schools still have. Sure its great to attend a new school that has kitchens in the kindergarten classrooms, but there is a sense of a small community school still there in the halls of West Haven. Teachers there work hours on end to plan lessons and make sure all kids can learn to their optimum level. I have passed at 6:00 p.m. and teachers are still there working. Students are busy in every classroom working hard. Their motto is so true. Work hard expect success rings true still at West Haven.

Posted May 14, 2004
I agree! and not only does every teacher know your child by name, you get to know every child that attends by name. it is like one big family! my children have really enjoyed their time at west haven elementary and as the last one goes on to middle school in the fall, they will greatly miss the teachers and other staff that they had contact with each day. thank you west haven!

Posted May 13, 2004
This is a wonderful school! I would highly recommend West Haven Elementary school to everyone. When we first went to the school for a tour. Mrs. Greenley (the Principle) greeted us at the door. We just walked in (not a scheduled tour). She introduced herself and showed us around the school. We visted the school 2 other times before enrolling our daughter. She remember all of our first and last names. The children at West Haven are very well behaved. They show respect to the teachers. All of the teachers are wonderful! They really do know all of the childrens names! You see and feel the love for each child from the teachers. This is a very caring and loving school. We are so happy that we made the right choice. You can't go wrong with West Haven Elementary school.

Posted August 26, 2003
It is nice to walk into my child s school and every teacher knows my child its extra security to me and everyone there makes you comfortable it is how I remember school when I was young and that is what I wanted for my children and thanks to west haven elementary they will have it. They are big about safety and its small enough for them to control and as for the teachers they are very nice and every teacher there works togeather

West Haven Elementary School
3620 Sisk Road Northwest, Knoxville, TN  37921
Last modified West Haven Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.