Metro Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 250 students

Living in Madison

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $80,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $700.

Sweep tile

Posted September 8, 2009

My son is in the 10th grade at MCA. He started going there in 5th grade. I am so glad that I made this move. The teachers are wonderful, the staff really cares about the kid/youth. They have great programs and I thank God for leading us there.If you are looking for a place that is like a family, just go in and talk to some of the people there. They will make you feel welcome and it starts at the front office and all over the campus.

Posted July 29, 2009

My daughter goes to mca, and she loved her teachers. I am very pleased with there friendly teachers. The teachers really care if your child suceeds, not just passes to the next grade.

Posted April 14, 2009

We are very pleased with MCA. The teachers are well qualified and caring. As parents , we have the capability to daily check our children's academic progress. Communication is easily available and encouraged with the teachers and staff. We have children involved in the fine arts program as well as athletics. We feel that they are well balanced . The staff cares and encourages parental involvement. Biblical truths are intergraded in all subjects. We feel that MCA is preparing our children well for college with challenging honor classes and measured by their scores on the SATs . We know that we have made a good investment in our children's education and future by sending them to MCA.

Posted February 12, 2009

My child attended Metro for 6 years. Take it from someone who was a part of it, you dont want to put your children in this school. The teacheres dont care if the students pass. 2 said to me on several occasions that they do not care if the students pass or fail, that it is not their job to care. The rules are completely ridiculous! And, like a few others have said, they do not prepare you for college whatsoever. Yes, they do have a good sports program...but thats all. They look at sports as the main purpose for even having the school open. They dont look at your records and transcrips every year the way they should. They wait until you're a senior to tell you that you have to take a class you should have taken in 9th grade. I do not rate Metro highly at all.

Posted December 16, 2008

I have never had a school faculty and staff love on my child like they have at MCA. I feel like my child's best interests and education are at the heart of every MCA staff person. Is it a perfect school? No, but I don't believe there is such a thing. They have very high academic standards and I love the curriculum they use. They have a great athletic program that allows most students to be involved and they have competitions that allow my child to showcase her artistic abilities. Financially they are very affordable compared to the other private schools I looked at. My favorite part of the education at MCA is the spiritual aspect. My daughter memorizes scripture and even challenges me with her Bible knowledge! They are not just educating the mind but are instructing her heart in the truth of God's word. I have been VERY PLEASED!

Posted December 15, 2008

I attended MCA for 2 years, my junior and senior years of high school. I enjoyed my experience for the most part. However, now that I am in college I know that I was not as prepared as I could have been. There was very few staff members that were not teachers. The teachers change every year and you never know who is going to be teaching what class for what grade. My parents and I do attend church just not at Metro Baptist, and because we were not members of the church I was not treated the same as the students whose parents were members of the church or more involved in the school. Also, if your child makes a mistake of any kind then they will probably be made a spectacle of and will be talked about long after they leave the school. I give MCA a C-
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 2, 2008

My child is 11 yrs old and has been at MCA for over 3 years. We attend church, but not at Metro Baptist, and I do feel that Metro Baptist members get preferred over others. I do feel that it is a good school compared to the other choices. In some grades, classes are crowded because there is only one teacher.There is alot of change in the teachers from year to year also. Some parents work at the school and also attend Metro Baptist, and their kids get preferential treatment. I do feel that it is a safe place and I do appreciate the Christian values taught at the school which is very important to me. Overall I feel as though my child is receiving an adequate education.

Posted January 29, 2008

Love the school. My kids have been here for their entire education and have learned so much! They feel safe and secure everyday. I don't have to worry about my kids when they are here. I know that my kids are well loved by the teachers also. I have a student in Jr High and one in Elementary and would put their education up against any other students in the school system. I am so glad Metro Christian Academy is available for my children to attend and is so affordable.

Posted October 29, 2007

MCA has been an excellent place for my son to attend school. In public schools he is a D to F student, while here has been mostly A to B with the very occasional C. He impresses me with his knowledge of his subjects (especially his math abilities) so, as they say, the proof has been in the pudding. The teachers and other staff have been great, and he likes everyone who teaches or governs his day. Thank you MCA - you've been worth every investment we've made in our son's future.

Posted June 20, 2007

While I feel that my child has had a good experience at MCA I am disappointed in the high school. I do not feel that academics are up to the standards needed for college prep. Football has now taken over as the primary sport and has left other sports out in the cold. There are no after school clubs or even field trips for JH/HS age unless you count the 'JH/HS retreat' or the 'missions' trip the seniors go on. I am disappointed with the change year to year in teachers. You never know who is going to be there or what grade they will be teaching. Even though there is an open door policy, understand that the Church has the final say and if you are not a member your opinion counts very little. MCA is better than public and becoming better,but not in time for my child.

Posted March 14, 2007

The teachers we have encountered so far have been great. I think the teachers look too stern. Children can be controlled without those stern, hateful looks. It is in need of a very good administrator. The school has no computer classes for the lower grades, public school and other christian schools do. Safety is A+, the school operates smoothly and very successfully with limited non-teacher personnel. The teachers are extremely dedicated and accessible for communication. Other than the few things listed here, we are extremely pleased with MCA and glad to be a part of it. Good sports program, very nice playground, good traffic control, Godly and dedicated personnel.

Posted March 1, 2007

My child complains of the super strict rules involved with attending this school. The faculty tries to control the everyday lives of the students(including weekends). Faculty is ok, the school praises itself as college prep but my child was not anywhere ready for college as he could of been. School lacks leadership qualities needed to prepare students to succed in life after high school. I am very dissapointed of the outcome of my childs high school education in attending Metro Christian Academy!ds

Posted September 27, 2006

This past week I attended 'Grandparents Day' at Metro Christian. I am blessed to have 2 grandchildren that attend this school. I was extremely pleased with the whole day. The program that all the children were in was wonderful. When I went to both my grandchildren's class, the teachers were very pleasant and helpful and informative. Both Ms. Gordon and Ms. Silva showcased their class and showed us all the things that they have and are learning. It was wonderful.

Posted June 7, 2006

My Daughter attended for pre-K and it was fabulous. If i could afford it she would still be there. She said it was the best thing I ever got in my life to go to school at Metro Christian Academy. I recomment it highly.

Posted August 26, 2003

Phenomenal school; excels in all areas. Discipline tempered with love & genuine caring. No better school in this area for education & teaching the principles of God. Very affordable. Athletics superior.

Asian 3% N/A
Two or more races 2% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

730 Neelys Bend Rd