Maryville, TN

Posted August 03, 2014
As a former student, I must say that my time here was the biggest waste of life and time to learn and do absolutely nothing. The teachers talk about their lives, there is no discipline unless the principal personally picks on you, and the principal is just a rude, careless woman. This is a terrible school, the rules aren't enforced, and it is so ridiculously unorganized, all three computers in the main office say completely different things about one student. That is no lie, it happened to me. So don't even bother going here. Waste of money and learning.

Eagleton Middle School 4

Posted April 26, 2014
As a student in Eagleton Middle School, I must say that this school has a decent education. Over the years, our school has really stepped up it's game. The scores are becoming higher every year and I know there is much potential here. The teachers are great and provide challenges for it's students. Now, our school is obviously not the best funded but we have a wonderful principle, Mrs. Stone, who clearly works her hardest to help any and every child at our school. I'm not one of those students that had nothing better to do and is in love with my school, but I do have pride for Eagleton. I was a former student at Maryville City schools, before I ever came to Blount County, and so I have both views of each school system, and yes... Maryville has more money, bigger population, and great students. But, the population and money does not FULLY tend to the education we are being provided. There are many wonderful and bright students at our school and we had GREAT scores from our TCAPS last year and are determined to get even better scores this year. I'm proud to have gone to Eagleton, as this is my LAST year here. I will be leaving to Heritage High School this year. Good luck!

Eagleton Middle School 3

Posted November 22, 2013
i am a former student of EMS and while i was there it was great! the teachers were amazing, and to all the parents that say there is no extra help for your child at school, that means your child is not trying to do good it is not the schools fault they offered tutoring and during lunch they could go to the class they needed help in and do some work to catch up or improve their skills. I accually miss being there

Eagleton Middle School 2

Posted September 09, 2013
This school has too much homework. Sometimes we even get homework on the weekends and most of the students there are trouble makers and the teachers are strict. Plus we have assigned tables at lunch now and they assign a table cleaner, I personally think this is a HORRIBLE idea, I don't want to clean up someone's mess they made. Such a horrible idea!!

Posted July 28, 2013
this school doesnt deserve any stars at all my son has a prothesis n kids make fun of him constantly and everytime he takes up for himself he gets in trouble but the kids making fun of him never do i knw this for a fact cause of the several times ive went and had meetings there its a sorry excuse for a school and should be shut down

Posted April 16, 2012
I wish I could give negative stars because they don't even deserve the 1 star that I was forced to give them! Here is a prime example of the nonsense that goes on in this school....my daughter came home with a test...I use that word lightly because all "tests" are only 6 MULTIPLE CHOICE questions long!! Anyway, she had missed 1 out of the 6 and her paper was clearly marked as follows: "-1 100%" Really? If you are reading this and do not understand that there is no possible way to miss one and still get 100%, then this school should be perfect for your children. My child has learned NOTHING this year.....no, wait, she has learned all about S*X and how to curse people out and get suspended. Way to go Eagleton. I think the only one with any sense at all is the Assistant Principal. But, his load is too large to carry on his own. If you want a real clear picture of this school, visit the State of Tennessee website, find the school and check out it's report card. What a joke. Thank goodness we rented in this school district first and didn't buy a house...I cannot wait to move far away from Eagleton and everyone in it. And if I were you...I would stay far away to begin with!

Eagleton Middle School 5

Posted March 25, 2011
To the grandparent who wrote about her granddaughter failing... This is a tough age to make the children care; however, I disagree with your statement that the "school has offered no help." We offer tutoring in all subjects two to three days a week, and during lunch break. The help is there, free of charge...

Posted March 24, 2011
My granddaughter is at EMS and we (her family) can not get her to care about her grades. She is failing. We are trying to find additional help for her, but her mother is a single mom of 2 and there just is no money for paid help. The school has offered none.

Eagleton Middle School 0

Posted April 12, 2010
I am a student at EMS, and I love that school. The teachers are nice, all the students are wonderful. I couldn't think of a better place to send a child. :)

Eagleton Middle School 5

Posted April 12, 2010
EMS is an amazing school.I love it.But people are getting into too many fights and some teachers are too strict on rules.

Eagleton Middle School
2610 Cinema Dr, Maryville, TN  37804
Last modified Eagleton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagleton Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top