Lanier Elementary School 1

Posted August 11, 2014
This school has no clue how to teach. My kids went here and they were making Ds and Fs, but now that they changed schools they are making As and Bs. People I talk to in the community also noticed the same for their children, unless you give money or time to this school, expect your children to fail. I think this school should be put on investigation by the state. If you have other options for schools in the area, take them.

Lanier Elementary School 1

Posted September 02, 2013
To be honest, I am surprised this school is still open and had not been shut down yet

Lanier Elementary School 5

Posted March 10, 2013
Lanier is a great school, they have great teachers and a great principle. I am very pleased with my children's education they are receiving there.

Lanier Elementary School 5

Posted June 23, 2008

Lanier Elementary School 4

Posted February 15, 2005
I belive that Lanier is one of the best schools in blount county. It has great teachers and a wonderful staff. I do however feel that the school system it's self is lacking. Lanier is an over crowded school and has severel portable buildings, but we can't get any funding for covered walk ways. The kids have to walk in the rain to go come in the building for lunch or any speicals. They walk in rain, snow, ice, and just cold weather. That is just one thing I can tell you about. We have an awsome principle and she does everything she can for her staff and her kids, but she is only one woman. We parents just don't know sometimes how hard she does work for our children.

Lanier Elementary School 2

Posted January 02, 2005
I have 2 boys who are currently attending Lanier. My oldest has been there for 4 years. The teachers are very caring but a lot of the children are economically disadvantaged and the teachers have to spend a lot of time being parents to those students. The school board and county commission do not give a lot of money to the schools so there are many things they are missing out on. The school is overcrowded. There was not PTO in 2003 b/c parents do not want to get involved. My son has a learning disability and there are not types of tutoring or programs available to help him. I would not send my children to this school if I didn't have to. In fact we are planning to move out of this area because of the school.

Lanier Elementary School
6006 Lanier Rd, Maryville, TN  37801
Last modified Lanier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lanier Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top