Maryville, TN
Before care: Yes

Porter Elementary School 0

Posted March 02, 2010
Having moved from a city school zone to a county zone, I was very anxious about how things would change. To my surprise, I found the teachers and staff at Porter to be very friendly and down to earth like the school I went to as a child. I do also have a special needs child and I feel like the teachers and staff at Porter pushed my child to be responsible and accountable. That is something that I believe she had not had before. They did not 'baby' her because she had special needs. She had to tow the line. I comment them for that. I was also nervous how my other two children would do making friends etc. Granted we started very late in the year and that was hard, but this year they have made lots of friends.

Porter Elementary School 3

Posted January 01, 2010
The school needs to fight for more funding, the teachers I feel do the very best they can with what they have but they are severely lacking in other areas. My child is a special needs child and we have had to be very vocal to get the minimum. There are other children who are basically vegetating because of lack of services. I hope they can make necessary improvements.

Porter Elementary School 2

Posted July 13, 2009
Blount County is supposed to be a good school district. This school seems to be in a time warp. Everything is done because that is the way it has always been. They are not progressing with modern days. More than one of my children has started a school year without a permanent teacher assigned. Children do not have the option to take musical instrument lessons here. The kids are not always allowed to talk at lunch, per the principal. It is not 1808 anymore; it is time to move to the modern era and think out of the box once in a while. Porter is only at 4 out of 10 for state testing. Room for improvement!

Posted December 11, 2008
I have 3 children at Porter and I feel that they are getting a great education.Porter is way more advanced than the school they attended before.Even though it is a large school the staff are friendly and they take the time to try to get to know everyone.

Porter Elementary School 2

Posted October 19, 2008
I had heard that Blount county had great schools when we moved. However, I was greatly disappointed in this school. I found the academics to be below average to average. I don't believe it helps that this school is overcrowded. My child didn't even have a teacher the first week of school. Unfortunately his class was not the only one. Despite the overcrowding and the poor educational and administrative system I felt that the teachers did a good job given the circumstances.

Porter Elementary School 4

Posted October 07, 2008

Posted October 05, 2006
My daughter has attended for 3 years. This is the best school. Teachers really care and the children learn from this warm enviroment.

Posted July 28, 2004
Porter Elementary has a wonderful community feel. The faculty, staff and administration work well together. The school has a 'pleasant feel' upon entering the building. The principal takes time to learn student and parent names. The environment provides a perfect 'backdrop' for learning. I highly recommend Porter--it is an excellent school. lisa williamson

Porter Elementary School
4520 Wildwood Springs Rd, Maryville, TN  37804
Last modified Porter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Porter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top