Report this review as inappropriate

Cancel

Review topics

This is a safe place to share your honest opinions of a school, whether good or bad.  Learn more.

WHAT'S YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO THIS SCHOOL?
parent
current student
teacher
school official
community member
How would you rate your experience at this school?
Terrible
Bad
Average
Good
Great
13 OVERALL RATINGS

characters left.
This school has an effective approach to homework:
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
characters left.
Teachers at this school are effective:
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (1 response)
characters left.
This school develops strong character in its students, like integrity, compassion and respect:
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
characters left.
Leadership at this school is effective:
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Currently, most people answered Agree (1 response)
characters left.
This school effectively supports students with learning differences:
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
characters left.
This school effectively deals with bullying:
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (1 response)
characters left.
There are 30 reviews about all of the school topics.



- a
As a parent, I feel I need to address some of the previous comments that are erroneous. One, all of the teachers have degrees, many of the with Master's. In regard to the new principal, most complaints stem from his enforcement of rules, or from previous parents disgruntled by the firing of a basketball coach. The school also *does* have a school lunch program that is part of Shelby County. As with most online reviews, it is probably best to go and tour the school for yourself to see if it is a good fit for your child/family. As is the case with most schools, what works for 85% of the students and their families does not often work with the other 15%. I would gladly suggest Memphis Catholic as a good choice, but that doesn't mean that the school doesn't have its challenges. My child is now going to college, and that has everything to do with the teaching staff and community at Memphis Catholic. My child is the first in my family to go to college, and I was gravely concerned at first that he was going to choose not to go. He attended Memphis Catholic from 7-12th grade.

Supports LD students: Neutral


- a
As with most Catholic schools, learning differences are not always addressed, particularly in regard to students that have IEPs. This is mostly due to a lack of resources.


Effective school leaders: Agree


- a
Current leadership (2016) is very effective. Some parents struggle with the behavioral system in regard to the Middle School.

Develops character: Strongly agree


- a
This school has a strong Catholic community background.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree


- a
The teachers are well-trained and know their content well.


Amount of homework: Agree


- a
Homework is a 0 if you do not turn it in on the due date (barring an absence, etc); students still must complete the work.



- a
2 daughters graduated from Memphis Catholic. Both were prepared for college and have Masters degrees; have great jobs (one is a vice president of a Fortune 500 company).



- a
WORST private school in Memphis. There is no lunch program, the Principal could careless about the students well-being and he has the worst attitude. If you want to send your kid to a nice school. This is not the place look else where.




- a
This has to be the worst Catholic school in Memphis. And I wouldn't dare send my kids back to this school. I wouldn't recommend Memphis Catholic to ANYONE. This school was going great until we got a new Principal that has done nothing but cause damage to this school.



- a
This school totally disappointed me with its program and staff. I would not recommend this school at this period of time since children are not motivated to go to college.

Nearby schools

Last modified Memphis Catholic High School - Middle is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Top