9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted June 25, 2016
The guidance councelor really made my daughter feel comfortable and was very open about helping student excell, she is not just there to prepare for college.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 25, 2016
There seem to be more per capita Accademic All stars from IC than other larger and more expensive schools.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 25, 2016
I do not know the amount of homework given currently at IC. but will when my daughter starts in the fall.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 25, 2016
The work load seems less than when I attended. But with all the tech the students have to master I guess it is equal.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2016
Students should learn to respect authority, with out respect they are doomed in the real world.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2016
Public service volunteer work is required of all the high school students. And these are not just fun summer activities.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted June 25, 2016
The core values of the catholic school are ingrained in the day. Students learn to trust and to be responsible for their own actions.

Immaculate Conception High School 5

Posted June 25, 2016
I was prepared for college better than most of my peers and my IC sisters are still my friends. I think all they need are some Nuns and it would be perfect.

Immaculate Conception High School 1

Posted May 29, 2015
I just ready the schools statement about smaller class sizes, I just had the biggest laugh. How could they in good conscience have written that. There were more than 20 in the class we were in and they would have taken many more to collect more money. It's not about the kids, it's about the money. Smaller class sizes is a joke. That's only if enrollment is down. They should be ashamed for making that statement.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
I wrote the last review and I did want to say there are still some wonderful teachers at IC. I wouldn't want to leave that unsaid. Some of the best, but we are loosing them so fast at this point. You can never be sure if you'll get one of the great teachers or if your going to get the worst. I stuck it out as long as I could, but after having the worst last year, we are done. Nothing against the few wonderful teachers left at IC. We will always appreciate them. At the same time I will never forget the horrible things the last teacher said and did to my child.

1725 Central Avenue, Memphis, TN  38104
Last modified Immaculate Conception High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12