Memphis, TN

Immaculate Conception High School 1

Posted October 15, 2014
If you read these reviews, you'll see the last positive ones were three and four years ago. The new HS principal is a joke. My daughter has been at ICCS for eight years, and we will be changing schools next year because of the new "leadership," and I know we're not the only ones who are leaving. I've always been very involved and had a great relationship with the teachers, but the school has taken a 180 degree turn for the worse. The family atmosphere is gone and parent-teacher-administrative effort has fallen apart.

Immaculate Conception High School 3

Posted October 04, 2014
There is simply not much to choose from in Memphis as far as schools go. My child has been at IC for the past two years. The new director of schools is not good. She does not communicate with parents, ignores emails, and is a terrible role model for the girls, in my opinion (she is friends with students on social media and complains about being "fat"-- really??). My biggest complaint, however, is that the teachers do not seem committed to the students. It's as if they thought teaching at a private school relieved them of "real" teaching. They give a ton of homework that is busywork, and have limited opportunities for the students. I'm looking for a better school, but again, they're difficult to find in this city. Good luck, parents.

Immaculate Conception High School 3

Posted November 05, 2011
Immaculate Conception High Schhol is s a great school and the teachers are always willing to help at all time. They take academics seriously. By the time you become a senior, you will already know what college you would look to attend and prepared to fill out your college resume! Even though the tuition is a bit high it totally worth it academically wise. You also get over the whole"all-girl" thing real quick. And when you let IC, you classmates will still be friends. Your class is like you family no matter what ethnicity etc. The school is very diverse and does not discriminate what so ever! I think the school needs to work on the school by updating it and keeping it clean. Yes, its nice to go to a school to learn but you don't want to be in a nasty environment. If you are in a clean environment you will learn better. But overall if you want to excel in your academics and be a successful young lady, Immaculate Conception is where you want to be! (:

Posted November 30, 2010
Living in DeSoto County is a long way from ICCHS but the cost and drive are worth the education our daughter is receiving. The teachers actually care about your child and the school where they work. Our daughter can't wait to get to school and is always smiling when she leaves.

Posted November 16, 2010
The faculty and administration at IC couldn't be better! The teachers care as much for their students as the student's family does and are committed to the academic success of each student in their classroom. We have students from every demographic (economic, ethnic, and religious) so every day is an opportunity to learn more than just the "book stuff" - our students learn life-lessons about the differences and similarities in people, cultures and faiths, they learn how to accept people who are different than they are, they learn how to live in real-world environments, and they learn to care about others.

Posted November 15, 2010
I graduated from IC and got a wonderful education! I made lifetime friendships, and thoroughly enjoyed my highchool years.

Posted November 15, 2010
Love this school! My daughter is a freshman and we couldn't be happier with our choice of school for her. As an alumni I am thrilled my daughter is enjoying high school as mugh as I did!

Immaculate Conception High School 4

Posted January 07, 2009
I'm a freshman at IC, and it's a pretty good school. Not a lot of people or too many extracurricular activities, but the academics are excellent. It's pretty fun.

Posted August 01, 2007

Immaculate Conception High School
1725 Central Avenue, Memphis, TN  38104
Last modified Immaculate Conception High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Immaculate Conception High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top