9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

There seem to be more per capita Accademic All stars from IC than other larger and more expensive schools.

Amount of homework: no rating

I do not know the amount of homework given currently at IC. but will when my daughter starts in the fall.

Develops character: Agree

The core values of the catholic school are ingrained in the day. Students learn to trust and to be responsible for their own actions.

I was prepared for college better than most of my peers and my IC sisters are still my friends. I think all they need are some Nuns and it would be perfect.

I just ready the schools statement about smaller class sizes, I just had the biggest laugh. How could they in good conscience have written that. There were more than 20 in the class we were in and they would have taken many more to collect more money. It's not about the kids, it's about the money. Smaller class sizes is a joke. That's only if enrollment is down. They should be ashamed for making that statement.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I wrote the last review and I did want to say there are still some wonderful teachers at IC. I wouldn't want to leave that unsaid. Some of the best, but we are loosing them so fast at this point. You can never be sure if you'll get one of the great teachers or if your going to get the worst. I stuck it out as long as I could, but after having the worst last year, we are done. Nothing against the few wonderful teachers left at IC. We will always appreciate them. At the same time I will never forget the horrible things the last teacher said and did to my child.

The reviews from years ago were correct. The school was one of the best before the new principle took over. The new administrator or Head of School has made it very difficult to justify paying money to be treated the way the children are treated. My child was treated terribly the entire year mainly because the teacher didn't like me. The class sizes are more than a public school and if you get a bad teacher you are just out of luck because you've signed a contract to stay. We will not be back. I can't take the chance my child will receive a teacher like last year. It really breaks my heart as I have been a part of that school and community for many years.

If you read these reviews, you'll see the last positive ones were three and four years ago. The new HS principal is a joke. My daughter has been at ICCS for eight years, and we will be changing schools next year because of the new "leadership," and I know we're not the only ones who are leaving. I've always been very involved and had a great relationship with the teachers, but the school has taken a 180 degree turn for the worse. The family atmosphere is gone and parent-teacher-administrative effort has fallen apart.

There is simply not much to choose from in Memphis as far as schools go. My child has been at IC for the past two years. The new director of schools is not good. She does not communicate with parents, ignores emails, and is a terrible role model for the girls, in my opinion (she is friends with students on social media and complains about being "fat"-- really??). My biggest complaint, however, is that the teachers do not seem committed to the students. It's as if they thought teaching at a private school relieved them of "real" teaching. They give a ton of homework that is busywork, and have limited opportunities for the students. I'm looking for a better school, but again, they're difficult to find in this city. Good luck, parents.

Immaculate Conception High Schhol is s a great school and the teachers are always willing to help at all time. They take academics seriously. By the time you become a senior, you will already know what college you would look to attend and prepared to fill out your college resume! Even though the tuition is a bit high it totally worth it academically wise. You also get over the whole"all-girl" thing real quick. And when you let IC, you classmates will still be friends. Your class is like you family no matter what ethnicity etc. The school is very diverse and does not discriminate what so ever! I think the school needs to work on the school by updating it and keeping it clean. Yes, its nice to go to a school to learn but you don't want to be in a nasty environment. If you are in a clean environment you will learn better. But overall if you want to excel in your academics and be a successful young lady, Immaculate Conception is where you want to be! (:

Last modified Immaculate Conception High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12