Memphis, TN
Before care: Yes

Hutchison School 1

Posted December 18, 2014
This head of school does not know what she is doing when it comes to running a college preparatory school. She does not care about the lives of students nor teachers and staff members.

Posted November 12, 2014
Although no school is perfect, Hutchison has been an amazing experience for my two daughters. I've found that most of the criticism that comes from parents are from those with students who were not a good match academically and want to blame in on something more than it was not a good fit for their daughter. It is definitely not for everyone! Our oldest daughter actually called to thank us for her Hutchison education and for being so prepared during her first semester at a competitive college. She is now graduated and owns a thriving business. My youngest is still there and doing very well. Hutchison is challenging academically and seeks to educate the whole child. Much learning goes on outside of the classroom through her activities. We chose it, in part, because of the myriad of extra-curricular activities available in sports, art, theater, music, leadership and community service. The teachers and coaches have been nurturing and encouraging at every level. Developing a passion and leadership capabilities outside the classroom is every bit as important to me as academic success.

Posted October 01, 2014
I am currently attending Hutchison and am in the 8th grade. I have been reading the comments and am very offended by the people saying we are all about the money and you have to be talented, popular, and rich to go to school here. This is most definitely not the case. The days at school are very fun, but we get down to business and do our work. I have learned so many things from not only the teachers but also the students. There is so much diversity at Hutchison. Of course, St. Mary's is a great school. I have many friends at St. Mary's that tell me how miserable the middle school is and how they only care about academics and how boring school is. This year, we had the most new girls come from St. Mary's, so that can tell you something about Hutchison. There are so many things offered at Hutchison that people don't know about. Leadership opportunities helped me get over my fears of speaking in front of people, and the arts classes helped me have fun and let go of the stress of a test or a project that is going on. Hutchison is definitely the best school to go to. Not only do we have great education, but there are so many choices and different paths you can choose. I love Hutchison!

Hutchison School 2

Posted April 20, 2014
In early childhood at Hutchison, they draw you in and make you believe it is the best school on the planet. All of the teachers are so laid back yet disciplinary, and they all work well with children. In "lower school" or elementary school, it is the same way. Here's, though, is where you should watch out. Starting in 5th grade everything goes down hill; it all starts to be about the money and who you are, and not just between the students, but the faculty rather. There is really no way to explain it other than the school does not care about you child anymore, and they only care about the money. They cheap out on everything now, and more importantly they're way of thinking is very off. They try to include this very liberal way of thinking, but it does not work. The teachers in middle school are also very wacky (especially when my daughter was 5th and 8th grade.) It is hard to explain, so you would truly have to see for yourself.

Hutchison School 3

Posted December 23, 2013
Hutchison is an average private school in terms of academics -- and based on many of the parent reviews on this site, above average in terms of public relations! I attended Hutchison for part of elementary and middle school. My teachers were for the most part caring and competent, and I received a good education. I was also in every advanced program that was offered. In reflecting on what my classmates have gone on to do, however, it's hard to justify the years of tuition dollars their parents spent. At least half of my graduating class went to schools such as Ole Miss, UT, Auburn, etc. Fine schools but far from mostly Ivy league/prestigious as some are posting on this site. Some have gone on to have successful careers but a surprising number that I keep up with on Facebook work retail and other jobs that do not require a college degree. I'm posting not to be critical of the school but I do think there are other options, both public and private, the provide a comparable academic experience and more well-rounded social experience (and cheaper, to boot.)

Posted April 23, 2013
Hutchison is by far the best all girls school in the city. The academics are strong, and the graduates go on to some of the finest colleges in the country. If you are looking for a school that balances superior academics with opportunities to excel in the arts or athletics, then please consider Hutchison for your daughter. The teachers are warm and nurturing, and the leadership program is excellent. A Hutchison education is one of the best investments you can make in your daughter's future.

Posted April 12, 2013
As a staff member, I see the amazing things that are occurring each day throughout the school. Students are encouraged to pursue their interests, and teachers are right there with them, teaching and guiding them on their journeys. The campus atmosphere is energetic, happy, and intellectually stimulating. I especially love our leadership and service programs, as they encourage our girls to give back to their communities, and develop their leadership and personal skills in a very leadership and community oriented world. Extraordinary things are happening at Hutchison.

Posted April 08, 2013
Hutchison upper school is outstanding. The teachers are bright, energetic, caring that each student learn.p the subject matter and are well prepared for college AND life. They use both traditional and innovative teaching styles to the benefit if each student. Faith and ethics are part of the curriculum, as well as athleticsand other extra curricula programs. Parents are listened to and welcomed. Students are encouraged to appreciate diversity and to work together as a community. A wonderful place!

Hutchison School 3

Posted August 29, 2012
Students in upper school whose parents have money or are key donors to the school are treated with kid gloves; teachers are forced to work around them and give in to their whims, typically to the disadvantage more academically ready students. The administration clearly prefers to pander to lazy, ill-bred students and their parents rather than to the more academically gifted. Clearly, Hutchison School is all about the money and not the education.

Posted May 11, 2012
My daughter has been attending Hutchison for three years and we could not be happier. To watch her grow and succeed as a student and attain strength of character as a person are remarkable. I have to say thank you to the teachers and administration of Hutchison for their commitment to the students. They take the time to understand the needs and assets of each girl and work to see girls flourish. Academically, Hutchison has challenged my daughter, but when I see the caliber of the scholars who are graduating from Hutchison these days I am excited to see my daughter follow in those footsteps. With athletics, fine arts, and leadership opportunities at every level, I know my daughter will be well-rounded and prepared for the future. Hutchison is an extraordinary school with a phenomenal staff and words truly cannot express the gratitude I have for Hutchison for giving my daughter the skills achieve anything she can dream.

Hutchison School