No rating

St. Agnes Academy-St. Dominic School

Private | PK-12

Student diversity

Living in Memphis

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $117,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Posted October 20, 2009

SAA excels at teaching values and at fostering lifelong friendships. I am also very greatful for how well prepared I was for college, particularly in English.

Posted October 20, 2009

I graduated from St. Agnes, and I know I teach pre k at St. Agnes and St. Dominic. As a student, I felt like I truly held an identity, and wasn't just a number. Academically, I was more than prepared for college, yet I was also prepared emotionally and spiritually, as well. I feel that diversity that surrounded me, helped shape my thoughts and beliefs that I still have today. As a teacher at the school, SAA-SDS still teaches me. Whenever I feel lost, there is someone who is more than happy to guide and support me. Through both the families that attend the school, and the SAA-SDS family, I feel that I am able to give back the same quality academic and religious education that I was so blessed to receive as a student.

Posted October 20, 2009

we don't have a library, we have a 'cybrary.' It is connected to the technology world unlike any school I have seen. We have a distance Learning center where a class can talk and intersct with some one studying polar bears at the north pole. amazing!

Posted October 20, 2009

Everything. The lasting relationships that I forged there will never be broken. The education is top-notch as well as the sports programs and social experiences.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 17, 2009

It gives the students an excellent education and preparation to be active and concerned citizens.

Posted August 27, 2009

Excellent academics. Great student to teacher ratio. Each student has their own laptop computer to use during school year. Experienced dynamic teachers.

Posted January 6, 2009

This is a wonderful school. Caring, strict, advanced technology. Many non-Catholic students go here. A longstanding strong education in Memphis.

Posted August 14, 2008

It is more than I could have asked for. The teachers and administrators are amazing! The technology is above any school in the surrounding area (in my opinion the nation), which is supported by the Apple Distinguished award we received this past year. It is a school with strong tradition, which can be seen everyday. The school also does a great job making sure to incorporate God in our lives everyday. I would recommend this school to anyone who is considering sending their daughter or son to a private school in Memphis. The education and love they will receive here is above the rest. Through the leadership of our great President, Mrs. Barbara Daush, the school has accomplished great things.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 30, 2008

Excellent in all areas! Low teacher to student ratio*Advanced in technology...new Cyberary to open this fall*A fantastic fine arts department*Opportunities in many sports programs to students of all ages* Outstanding teachers & happy students!!

Posted May 22, 2006

Pre-K - Kindergarten have so far been exceptional. The teachers have been very committed to learning outcomes, including a very high emphasis on reading and writing. A wide range of activities were employed for our daughter including many hands on activities to allow her to learn at her own pace. A very effective positive reward system is used for discipline. The social atmosphere of the school is also very nice. She has bonded with most of her classmates in very positive manner nad formed close friendships with several as well. We have found that most of the parents are very nice and very involved with their child's education. Extracurricular activities are abundant and a wide range of learning environments are offered including music, foreign language, and PE.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
  • NCGS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious