PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This is school is in total disarray! My daughter attended this school for 2 years and in this time I saw things I should never see within school walls the teachers are only dedicated to students they "like" and many other students fall by the way side. My daughter struggled socially in this school which she has never done. The principal was obsessed with apperances. Tuition is inflated and the quality of education in this school is poor. If possible please take your little angels someplace else.

My daughter is in prek3. I love the school and the teachers. I see a huge difference in my childs learning. My daughter started spelling and sounding out words at the age of three. Also learning how to write her name and other letters as well. The classes are not over crowded, so students get one on one tme with the teacher. The students have homework and projects to do. My child education means a lot to me, I believe you pay for what you want. City schools are over crowded the teachers spend more time disciplining students than teaching them. The principal at SACS knows every childs name and parent name, she care about the school, the parents and the children. You have to be an active parent at the school in order to know whats going on at the school to understand why things are a certain way. Instead of critizing help come up with a solution. Every school always ask for ideas in making the school better. My daughter will continue to go to St. Augustine Catholic School.

My daughter just started the pre-k 4 program and I love it. The teachers are very welcoming and accommodating. They have control over the classroom n u can tell they really care about the child. My daughter has learned so much already. Not just educational but manners, how to treat other people, n just good values. The principle is very accommodating n child friendly. U can just tell that she loves her job n the children in the school. She knows each child n parent by name which says that she is involved n out front where you can see her n not off hiding in her office where most principles are hard to get to. It is well worth the money we pay for my child to recieve that kind of attention a well rounded education. The other comments I have read just seem outrageous to me. You get out of the program what you put into it. I don't want to talk down about memphis city schools so all I Will say is that my daughter will never go to one. And not to say anything negative about any other parent on this site but how do u talk about someone not being able to pronounce words correctly n every other word on your post is a grammatical error or spelled wrong? Im just saying.

The school need much needed help. The education is not work the money that you pay. There where no extra activities for my child to do. The monthly bill statements are not mailed out in the correct month. I did not care for the Pre-K 4 teacher at all. She was too controlling and did not seem to understand the 4 and 5 year old are not going to sit down for the entire day. She would send home a not in my child breathed out his mouth. The teacher assistant could not even pronounce words correctly, how are you going to teach children word that you cant even pronounce. I feel like the school needs male principal because the current on is very unorganized and has no affect on the children. She is so blinded by the budget and has lost focus what is important; the children education cause it is some unqualified teachers. This is my personal optional you can send your kid there is you want, but i highly advise you not to. For your child sake.

My son is in PreK3, I think that that the teachers should have a more structured curriculum and the teachers let the students submit anything.....i receive papers from class that are done throughout the week, I have no idea what it is and when my son is at home with me he does better than what he does at school and the reacher s just put smiley faces on the papers, I think that they should make the student do it over instead of letting them scribble all over their papers

SACS is a good school but, I think they charge teachers too rapidly and it doesn't give the children time to ajust.And, it would be nice to have more activities for younger children .

The principal and teachers show an excellent concern for the students and exercises christianity as a major role of intellecual character, aptitude, and authority. Extra lesson assignments are even considered upon for the betterment of a students learning and understanding. This shows a devoted interest for teaching.

SACS is a close-knit, family oriented, educational organization that stresses the importance of developing and educating the whole child. Saint Augustine Catholic School is definitely a strong pillar in the community. I am thankful that my children have had an opportunity to experience the legacy of SACS. I am assured that the things they experience will be deeply embedded within them and will play a major role in making them the successes they are destined to be in the future. Thanks SACS

My daughter is in Pre-K and is learning so much. It is only November and she is reading most 3 and 4 letter words. She comes home with homework almost every night. Best of all she loves to go to school.

Last modified St. Augustine Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6