Posted February 26, 2015
This is the best school that I could've ever choosen for my son. He's been attending since KINDERGARTEN, however we had a rough start off in kindergarten where the teacher felt like she didn't have to spend the time with my son and help him like she helped the other students. At times I felt my son was singled out. And she really didn't care to teach him. She would say things like he's not comprehending or he doesn't get this. She would always have this FUNKY attutide not just towards my son just the kids period. She would always say something negative. Until one day I did a pop up visit and sat in on my son turns out my son was doing an excellent job so from that point on when she would say he wasn't getting something or he wasn't comprehending, I did what most parents would do I waited until he got home and seen for myself. Other than that teacher being and doing what she did the school is a wonderful well respected school. They show so much concern for the students some teachers. Lol

Shelby Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted October 07, 2009

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted May 17, 2008

Shelby Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted March 13, 2008

Shelby Oaks Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2008
My daughter is in Kindergarten this year. I adore her teacher and feel that my child is being taught how fun getting an education can and should be. I am very happy with the progress that my daughter has shown in just a few short months. My only concern is with the security after school. All of the kids just flood out the doors and the parents are supposed to pick them up. You are not required to have a number or anything. You just grab you kid and go, so someone could easily grab your child. The teachers are watching but there are just too many kids for them to keep a close enough eye on everyone.

Shelby Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted January 09, 2008

Posted July 23, 2007
Both of my children have gone to Shelby Oaks for three years now and the teachers, office workers, and principal are great.I have a great day knowing when my children are at school they are being taught correctly and with love. Mr. Johnson will be missed. Mrs. Jones

Posted June 28, 2007
This is the best city school and my daughter loves going to school there!!!!

Posted June 13, 2007
Absolutely wonderful school! Under the guidance of Principal Johnson this school is soaring not only in academics, but in all other categories. The teachers are passionate. The Afterschool care team is magnificent, and the parent support/PTA is one of the top in the city. Not to mention the implementation of the Dad's committee and the extracurricular program for the cheer squad, supervised by Coach R. Gunn. There is no question that the students at S.O.E.S. are on the road to success. Principal Johnson thanks for your hard work and leadership, you will definitely be missed!

Shelby Oaks Elementary School
6053 Summer Avenue, Memphis, TN  38134
Last modified Shelby Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shelby Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top