Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 25, 2016
We moved here from New York in February and looking for a good area to live in and a great school is on top of our priorities. Putting our child to kindergarten at Rutland Elementary School was the best choice we've made. Thank you Mrs. Nikki Elkins for everything you have done for our daughter. You have made her transition from another school easy as you welcomed her in your class with open arms. We have seen a huge improvement on her learning especially on her reading. I do appreciate how often you communicate with the parents regarding how our kids do in school. I have heard so many great things about you. Thanks so much and God bless you more!

Posted March 08, 2016
Awesome school!! Very pleased on how the teachers keep the children and parents informed. Thanks a bunch!!!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 19, 2015
Mrs. Harrison makes learning fun. She is kind and considerate. I have never seen her without a smile.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted November 19, 2015
Sometimes it is very difficult trying to balance any kind of family life with the amount of homework, in addition to asking the children to work on Moby Max and other computer programs, read and study spelling words. There is definitely no time left to play outdoors.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
Yes, by making sure a student understands a subject before they move on to the next. They don't make a child feel different if they don't understand.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
The teachers teach responsible behavior in their classrooms and on the playground, by rewarding good behavior when they see it.

Posted November 19, 2015
Rutland Elementary School's teachers and principal, go above and beyond to make sure students have the best possible learning experience - plus, they make sure it's fun! Both schools are bright and welcoming. We are very happy with the education and guidance they are receiving there!

Posted August 16, 2015
It is an ever-changing school for the better! Times are constantly changing around us in today's society - from academic standards to city growth to safety! They transition only for what is best for the students and do it in a way that will be mindful and comfortable for them. (not only always so much for the parents - but we can take care of ourselves). They have a way to be compassionate and challenging at the same time and to me they are teaching confidence to these kids in a world that is hard to find! Very family friendly which makes for great parent involvement/volunteers, means less extra work for teachers and teachers get to do more with their students!!! I love it!!! And I have loved it for 5 years!! and I have 5 more to go!! I'll let you know if I change my mind but I doubt it!

Posted August 06, 2014
We came from a low-performing school in another county in Tennessee. This school is one of the top reasons we moved to Mount Juliet, and we were blown away from day one. The parent/teacher contact is fantastic, parent involvement is obviously high, and best of all... My child is thriving and happy to be there every day.

Posted June 03, 2014
We were new to the area and my son who was not so fond of school LOVED Rutland he's never done so well in school. The teachers go above and beyond. I think it's a great school no complaints from me.

1995 South Rutland Road, Mount Juliet, TN  37122
Last modified Rutland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.