Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Awesome school!! Very pleased on how the teachers keep the children and parents informed. Thanks a bunch!!!

Amount of homework: Disagree

Sometimes it is very difficult trying to balance any kind of family life with the amount of homework, in addition to asking the children to work on Moby Max and other computer programs, read and study spelling words. There is definitely no time left to play outdoors.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers teach responsible behavior in their classrooms and on the playground, by rewarding good behavior when they see it.

Rutland Elementary School's teachers and principal, go above and beyond to make sure students have the best possible learning experience - plus, they make sure it's fun! Both schools are bright and welcoming. We are very happy with the education and guidance they are receiving there!

It is an ever-changing school for the better! Times are constantly changing around us in today's society - from academic standards to city growth to safety! They transition only for what is best for the students and do it in a way that will be mindful and comfortable for them. (not only always so much for the parents - but we can take care of ourselves). They have a way to be compassionate and challenging at the same time and to me they are teaching confidence to these kids in a world that is hard to find! Very family friendly which makes for great parent involvement/volunteers, means less extra work for teachers and teachers get to do more with their students!!! I love it!!! And I have loved it for 5 years!! and I have 5 more to go!! I'll let you know if I change my mind but I doubt it!

We came from a low-performing school in another county in Tennessee. This school is one of the top reasons we moved to Mount Juliet, and we were blown away from day one. The parent/teacher contact is fantastic, parent involvement is obviously high, and best of all... My child is thriving and happy to be there every day.

We were new to the area and my son who was not so fond of school LOVED Rutland he's never done so well in school. The teachers go above and beyond. I think it's a great school no complaints from me.

As a parent and teacher at Rutland, I would say, hands down, this school is top notch! I have taught in other schools and districts and this school far exceeds any i have been a part of! The staff at Rutland doesn't just come to school to work. Rutland is a part of us! We are a family and share a common goal and that is to ensure success for every child. I can not think of a better place for my own child to grow and learn! Some people are never happy and judge harshly without truly knowing the truth. You cannot find a more competent, hard working, and dedicated group of people! Each child is treated as an individual and loved no matter what their background, religion, race, economics, or academic ability. The staff at Rutland has a passion for children and learning! We are constantly seeking better ways to serve the Mt. Juliet community. There is NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND at Rutland Elementary! Submitted by a teacher

Rutland Elementary Is a very Right wing Religious facility. We are asked on more than one occasion if we were Christians and we treated badly when we stated we are Buddhist. We are not from the south and was alarmed that all the english teachers have very thick southern accents and do not speak correct english or even comprehend how the rest of the world works. It is a very closed minded and religious and republican based school. If you are a free thinker or have have above average intelligence do not let your child go here...they do not set a good example for the children. If you want a child with a Low I.Q and taught to have no thought of his own and have religion forced down their throat then pick this school. I thought there was such a thing as separation between Church and State...Apparently Tennessee is too busy misinterpreting the Bible to have heard about that Law.

Organised , dedicated teachers,focusing on child development. Involving them in projects and other activities.satisfied. Organised , dedicated teachers,focusing on child development. Involving them in projects and other activities.satisfied.Organised , dedicated teachers,focusing on child development. Involving them in projects and other activities.satisfied Organised , dedicated teachers,focusing on child development. Involving them in projects and other activities.satisfied

Last modified Rutland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.