Nashville, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted August 16, 2014
My son is now a third grader and I couldn't love Gower more. The principal is so invested in the kids. There is great parent involvement and opportunities to volunteer. I love the diversity and specialized learning. My son loves the Encore program. He's had Mrs. Nava, Mrs. Heffington, and Mrs. Copen and I feel he's won the lottery each time.

Posted June 19, 2014
Gower has been a fantastic school for us! Ms. Frazier is an excellent principal, the teachers are very caring and great at their jobs, and the PTO is increasingly active. Our son learned and grew a lot last year and he was very sad when the school year ended - a magical combination. Can't wait for August!

Posted May 01, 2014
Thrilled with our experience! Our son is in kindergarten at Gower. Years ago we weren't sure about sending him, but as we got to know parents who actually have kids in the school and had a chance to meet some of the teachers and administrators, we realized our concerns were unfounded. The teachers are fantastic, my son has a learned a lot, and he's had a lot of fun. He's also had a great experience in the gifted program and after-school music classes. Couldn't be more pleased!

Gower Elementary School 3

Posted February 24, 2014
My child has attended for two years now. The school is great except for the cafeteria staff, administration and principals. They are rude and unhelpful. I've had problems from day one. Parking and pickup leave a lot to be desired. They have some really good teacher on the bright side.

Posted August 28, 2013
My daughter started at Gower last year, mid year. I have nothing bad to say about it. I saw that someone complained about drop off and pick up. However, having experienced schools in other states that have NO parking lots, so you have to find street parking and then walk up to the classroom (her last school had individual buildings with room doors leading outside), this is an extremely efficient method. I found that the later you leave to pick them up, the better and quicker you are. Aside from pickup, my daughter had made some great friends already, within a week of starting third grade her teacher referred her for the gifted and talented program because she recognized her potential (she was also in this at her last school). She loves her teachers and has never once complained about them. When asked, she did say that the lunch ladies yell quite often, but she brings cold lunch so doesn't need to deal with them on a regular basis. I also picked her up early and the ladies in the office were so sweet. So, long story short, aside from the not so friendly lunch ladies and the overeager parents that make pickup a bit of a pain, I would highly recommend this school to other parents.

Posted July 14, 2013
Gower Elementary. My son has been at Gower for two years. It is a great school. His teachers have been excellent and the staff welcoming. Coming from Williamson Co system, I would say that the academics are less rigorous and parental activity in the school is less. I feel like it's my job to teach my child and tutor him in areas that he might have problems. I think there is a lot of opportunity at this school and that the teachers overall are dedicated and have a great attitude. It is a great match for us.

Posted May 03, 2013
I have been so impressed with this school thus far. They give a great sense of community to the students. The recent events at Gower have really been fun, useful, and informative (Math Night, uniform sale, art show). The teachers seem very willing to work with students. The school gives off a very friendly atmosphere, one that I love to be a part of. Thanks for a great experience!!

Gower Elementary School 2

Posted February 13, 2013
I wouldn't bring my child here unless I had to. I just ate lunch with him today, for his birthday, and I walk in & find him secluded, facing the wall, and very sad. I asked him why he was sitting there, and one of the lunch ladies, who walks around like she's queen in there, was so condescending when speaking to me, not even concerned about how the children feel, I saw her addressing children mockingly even. My son then later told me that the reason she made him sit by himself EVERYDAY, is because he said a bad word to 4th graders who were making fun of him & laughing at him, and he was upset & tried to tell her, only for her to tell him to shut his mouth & go sit back down, and didn't even listen to anything he said. They have the most inconsiderate staff, and rude at that. So, instead of notifying me of his behavior, they isolate my 5 yr old daily, since school began for taking up for himself & having a problem occasionally. a FIVE year old!!! Regardless, I never hear anything positive about my son from the staff, always pointing out what he's doing wrong & ridiculing him. There's also no place to park, EVER. Rude staff. As soon as I can, I will be moving him out of this school.

Gower Elementary School 1

Posted September 07, 2012
This is the absolute worst school i have ever been to. If you have the option to take your child somewhere else do it! The Teachers, and office staff are very rude, and unwelcoming. The setup for the drive to pick up kids is terrible. There is on drive in a small loop to pick up kids, takes at least an hour to get through it and the line backs up for almost a mile down the highway. not to mention, if you want to park and walk up to the door forget it. not convient parking and the spaces are so tiny you cant get out of your car. Also the parents arent allowed to do that because it causes to much confusion, unless you walk then its ok. Just dumb. Also, most metro schools have an automated system that calls when your child is out, they dont. Also the ymca program is completely full before school even started, so no after school care. I would not recommend this school ever, as soon as i can my child is out of there.

Posted September 03, 2012
Excellent teachers and supportive staff. Have nothing but great things to say. They have incredible "specials" with incredibly talented music teachers, PE instructors, computer lab instructor and art teacher. Librarians are tuned into the children's needs and love to make reading something enjoyable for any age. The front office staff is always pleasant and more than willing to find the answers you may need. Our new principal and assistant principals have dug in to make positive changes and create a school with harmony amongst the teachers/staff, parents and students.

Gower Elementary School
650 Old Hickory Bl, Nashville, TN  37209
(615) 353-2012
Last modified Gower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gower Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top