No rating

Nashville Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 40 students

Living in Nashville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $181,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted Thursday, September 18, 2014

Jeff Brothers, and Brian Bishop are two people you never want to come into contact with. This school suppresses your child at every angle of outreach besides the monotonous tasks they force on your children. The "Christian" outlook of the school could not be more of a false statement. They focus solely on the athletic success of the school, and could quite honestly care less if your child succeeds. I am a student here, I've endured nearly every year of this hellish environment. The only reason I punish myself to enter these halls is because I have friends here that I have known my whole life. Trust me when I say this is not somewhere you want your child to be, to grow up at, academically, athletically, or even spiritually. Mediocre has never been a more appropriate word.

Posted April 8, 2014

Nashville Christian is a WONDRFUL, family-friendly environent. We transferred from public school and have found everything at NCS that we were lacking in the public system. Small class sizes, a loving faculty, and teaching outside the traditional text book have all been encouraging and a breath of fresh air! School is fun again and there's no fight to get out of bed in the morning! Woo hoo! Is this a perfect school? Of course not! However, if you can find one that is, I would love to hear about it......because it doesn't exist. So, for my family, NCS is the best fit! My child is safe, educated, encouraged, and active. The opportunities available to all students through athletics, fine arts, and after school acitivities are awesome! Thank you, NCS, for providing an educational institution that supports my daughter, our family and most importantly - our faith! Go Eagles!

Posted March 24, 2014

Prospective parents or students should be aware of a new catch phrase in some of the classes. It is called "interactive journaling". Basically this means that you get no textbook for the subject, instead you child is given copies of worksheets that they must first assemble by cutting and pasting. Then they get to fill in the blanks with the answers, but the work is not checked for accuracy. Instead it is sent home for you to decode while you try to help your child study for the test. Ask to see an example when you visit. It is laughable.

Posted January 5, 2014

Have been extremely disappointed the last few years. I have an elementary and middle school student. The elementary continues to be academically weak while the middle school contains teachers that Obviously doesn't care.

Posted September 24, 2013

The school's mission is to demonstrate the love of Christ. That is exactly what I have experienced through my children's classroom experiences at Nashville Christian. Dedicated, passionate, and loving teachers provide excellent educational opportunities for rigor and academic growth. Our family has been blessed by our experiences and would recommend Nashville Christian to anyone.

Posted February 13, 2013

This school is definitely all about the money! I enrolled my son(10th grade) in this school shortly before Christmas break as we had just moved to this side of town. After 2 weeks it became very apparent that he did not fit in and felt like an outcast. The students are very clicky and this is a very small school. But even worse, on his first day one of the teachers belittled him in front of the whole class for not knowing the curriculum he was teaching. When I went to withdraw my son they agreed that if he felt he didn't fit in he didn't need to be there. As I was leaving I was hit with "you are still responsible for the full years tuition", even though he only attended the school for 2 weeks! I had already paid them one third of the tuition when I enrolled him and now they wanted the other 2 thirds. I thought unbelievable!! How greedy and money hungry are these people??? I could understand if he had been there since the beginning of the school year, but this was 2 weeks in the middle of the year!! Think long and hard before you enroll your child at this school. If for some reason you find out this isn't the school for you and your child, you are stuck with the bill!!!

Posted February 4, 2013

I would like to reinterate what a previous reviewer said about the staff being right and you being wrong. This school is very clicky. The parents more so than the students. If you don't go to the right church and run in the same social circles as the chosen ones, then you will have a hard time and more importantly your child will have a hard time. The school leadership is not professional or helpful and does not have a clue on how to run a school. Teaching methods and materials are out dated and ineffective. Anytime they get a decent teacher they do not stick around long. If you question your childs progress or lack of progress then they are quick to put the blame on the child or you. I would not recommend this school to anyone wanting a quality education for their child. Word to the wise-check credentionals on anyone passing themselves off as a teacher.

Posted August 13, 2011

I went to Nashville christian from 5-12 grade which I regret when it came time for me to graduate I had little to no help applying for colleges and felt unprepared for the next step. The bible teachers force their church of Christ beliefs down your throat and if you disagree with them they will not listen to your input. Now I have a son who I just pulled from the daycare because the curriculum was unsatisfactory and they wanted to put him in a class of children 7-9 months younger than him which I believe would severely effect his development. They say they care about the kids but more than anything it's what they believe is right and you are wrong.

Posted October 8, 2010

At every school and in every class there will be some children that do not learn the information taught as well as others. To say that a child regressed or didn't have the necessary skills is a statement about one child---not the entire group. Many children need additional help. The job of the teachers is to identify this need and and help the school/parents/child to find a solution. How a parent deals with this is the key. Many throw around blame because that is the easiest way to go. If you ask for help at Nashville Christian, you will get it. They are known for going above and beyond with children to make them not only feel better about themselves, but to insure that their academic future will be brighter.

Posted August 11, 2010

I am a Junior at NCS, and I have had my ups and downs with them. For one this school is very cliquey. To me it seems like the teachers don't even care. I was harassed all throughout my freshman year and even went to someone about it. Nothing happened. I thought this school was somewhere I could feel safe at. I don't feel safe at all.

Posted April 14, 2010

Our child attended Day Care thru Elementary School. Day Care was great and first few years at NCS were great. However, we began to have concerns with our child's academic skills. This was confirmed when our child entered Public School.

Posted February 15, 2010

Our child has been at NCS for the last three years, and I can't begin to tell you what a disappointment it has been. There has been very little organization in the classroom lessons, and usually looks more like 'busy' work. Our child actually regressed during the first year there and was unable to perform certain academic tasks that were previously mastered at first school. We have tried to transfer out to other (private) schools in the area, but have been unsuccessful. The reason is being that our child is unable to meet the minimum academic standards of the grade at the other school. I think that is a telling statement, don't you? Some parents here, primarily those who start their kids from Kindergarten, think it is great. Other parents, who have had their kids in other schools, know better.

Posted October 5, 2009

Education tied with God...nothing like it!

Posted December 22, 2008

At this school, ' bully ' behavior is not dealt with well. This begins in 2nd Grade. If you have home schooled your children you will fit in well with this school. If both parents, work you will find the school difficult. Before and After care is challenging. Limited class options in high school.

Posted August 20, 2008

We love NCS! We have 2 children who attend and are thriving. The love of Jesus is echoed through the halls and classrooms daily.They offer cheerleading, drama, music, band, Spanish, cross country team and so much more.

Posted April 1, 2008

We have a daughter and son at Nashville Christian. I concur with one of the other reviews in that they have bent over backwards for us. In our case, they helped us by creating an individual education plan for our son because he is gifted and was able to actually move up in some courses. It is a relatively small school, but is still able to offer extra-curricular activities for just about everyone.

Posted January 26, 2007

This school has bent over backwards for us in helping us with our oldest son, who has severe ADHD and emotional social issues. The LIFE (Learning is For Everyone) program is top-notch and I highly recommend it if you have a child who needs a little extra help. My children have participated in Cross-Country, and playing with basketball teams. Music, art & Spanish are taught as well. It's comforting to have your child in a Christian environment where you know the parents of other kids there have the same values that you do. The teachers are wonderful and communication is open. Dropping in unannounced to check on things is welcomed. They have nothing to hide, which is what I have found with the public school system. NCS is more than just a school. It's also your family. It truly takes a village to raise your child.

Posted October 8, 2006

Academic standards are awesome! Our 1st grader is reading and loving it! Sports programs are available for all children. Our 1st graders loves participating in Cross Country. She is able to learn about God in a nurturing, reasonable and loving environment. The Daycare, Elementary principle and teachers are awesome! They provide a safe and loving learning environment for all the children. Inappropriate behavior at school is not tolerated. The children know that they are cared for.(Respect is taught and expected .) The school allows children to participate in afterschool programs such as scouts and does not charge excessive fees to use facility rooms,etc. I grew up in a small rural environment and feel so blessed to have been able to locate a school in Nashville that provides a similar nurturing environment as my elementary school. Two thumbs up Nashville Christian School! Keep up the good work!

Posted March 23, 2005

Nashville Christian is a great school. The parents are very involved and the school spirit is very high.The teachers are very devoted to their jobs and care for their students.
—Submitted by a student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Church of christ
Associations
  • NCSA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

7555 Sawyer Brown Road