Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

Students are segregated by whether or not they are zoned for this school. Given the socioeconomic factors, not to mention race, no...If everyone isn't given the same chances at the same brass ring, no - we're teaching nothing. It's more like a social experiment from 1964.

I, too, transferred my child here to go to Hume-Fogg. Quite frankly, these kids are better behaved and the teachers are more interested in the kids instead of their iPhones. They need a band program, though. I mean...they have one BUT it's brand new and it's choking out due to a severe lack of parental concern or involvement. Yes...PARENTS...YOU have to contribute, too. Fortunately, most of the kids who went in this year (from our neck of the woods) had already had several years of amazing music instruction and they do have the ability to participate in outside music related organizations. The others seem to be there to get out of class. The director is wonderful - love her - just wish she'd stop trying to be friends with the kids and make these kids live up to their potential. The one big issue I have with this school is the segregation. Sort kids by abilities - not magnet and neighborhood kids. It's not 1964. If people are scared of a little brown rubbing off, then don't go there. Kids are kids. They ALL deserve an education.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter is actually learning this year. AND her position is being listened to and even if not agreed with, it's respected.

We put our child so she could go to Hume-Fogg . The principal is disorganized, doesn't respond or communicate with parents. The parents are frustrated and upset with the u professionalism. Teacher are abusive to the students and it's been going on for years. We took our kids our and there were 7 more parents pulling there kids that month with the same excuse. This is a horrible school.

I personally attended John Early my 5th-7th grade year. I loved it ! The teachers were wonderful and they kept the students highly engaged in academics, sports and out of school activities. I was a member of the Volleyball team, cheerleading team and the Forensics team. I highly recommend parents to enroll their children into this awesome school!

My 3 children attend this school iam very pleased with the school some teachers treat them children as thier own and not just a pay check as in Mrs,Blackman is awesome she is highly recommended.

Last modified John Early Paideia Middle Magnet is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.