Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My fourth grade son goes here, He had just won the lottery. In third grade, he was a fouth grade reading level. I was alright with it. But when I moved him to Stanford he had a seventh grade reading level. I was impressed. After a few weeks, his math and science and history scores went up also. I was pleased. I signed him up for chess club and he got A's on EVERYTHING. I was amazed. I recommend this school to anyone

Stanford Montessori is the best kept secret of the Metro School system. My son has been attending since he won the lottery (you have to apply for the lottery in October of the year before age 3 and the preschool/pre-k programs are sliding scale). The school groups students age 3 thru K and 1st-3rd grade in classes so students can learn from older peers and older peers can learn empathy by teaching others; the 4th graders are separate to prepare for entry into non-Montessori schools (most students seem to progress to magnet schools). My son is a 4yo (pre-k) now, and he has learned so much more than I would ever think possible for his age. He is scheduled to be reading 6 mos before turning 5!!! The Montessori platform on which the school is based promotes independence and a love of learning. It meets the child where he is at whether it be special needs, gifted, behaviorally challenged, etc. Finally, the parents are so involved that you might mistake the school for a private school atmosphere. Overall, we love Stanford and would recommend it to anyone in the Metro School system.

I have three children at Stanford and this is our fourth year. One of my children attended her zoned school for kindergarten before coming to Stanford. I spent the entire year at her zoned school volunteering and begging for more advanced work while my daughter came home with lots of behavior issues and piles of candy. I watched as children were made to do work that was much too easy for them. The first day my daughter started at Stanford, her teacher told me she was an advanced reader. Within the first two weeks, she had been moved up to the next grade level in math, something I had begged her previous school for all year. All of my children have done well at Stanford. I do wish the state and federal government would step back and allow the teachers more room to teach Montessori methods rather than state standards. And I'm beyond disappointed at the refusal of Metro schools to offer a foreign language to all students. This is one of the major reasons Stanford isn't getting five stars from me. But over all, for a public school, Stanford is great.

As a former public school teacher (7 years) I understand the importance of a strong school administration, excellent base of teachers and parental involvement. Our son is finishing up 3rd grade and has been at Stanford Montessori Elementary since PreK4. I am thrilled with this school and the foundation that it has provided our son. Keep up the Amazing work Stanford Staff & PTO!

I have had children in Stanford for 8 years now. The staff, faculty, parents and kids are all great!!

My daughter has been attending this school for the last 3 years. I am extremely happy to know thatshe is in such a good school and I am very happy with the progress she has made compared to her friends in other schools in same grade.

I am a mom of a 5 year old in Pre K and I am very pleased with Stanford. They have really helped my child blossom. He reads at a 2nd grade level and his math skills are really amazing. Ms. McClain his teacher have been very supportive and has provided discipline and nurturing at the same time.

Awesome opportunity for children to learn and grow in education and social skills. The teaches are outstanding and the administration is on point with what is needed to make the day run smoothly. I have a 2nd grader there and graduated a 4th grader from there in 2008. Awesome School

My daughter attends the pre-K program. This is her second year and she is writing sentences and reading at the begining of this year. I can't wait to see what she can do by the end of the year. They truely can individualize student learning.

My son has attended Stanford since he was 3 years old. When he started school he was fully bilingual (English/Spanish) now at the end of his first year I am sad to say that the dominant language is English. I am a little dissapointed to realize that Stanford, being one of the best schools in the area has not open the opportunity for students either to enhance their bilinguism or to introduce another language of their choice in the currculum, especially considering the diverse community we lived in. I hope they re consider their position about this issue because learning one or more languages at an early age opens more opportunities for that child in the future.

Last modified Stanford Elementary Montessori Design Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.