Bad
Good

ORHS is a really terrible place to attend if your are not some genius in the math/science fields, athlete, or moved from another school system in the area. Although it is one of the better school systems around (the only reason I give it 2 stars)the work load and how picky they grade is ridiculous. Secondly, ORHS pays WAY too much attention to sports and cuts out programs that would be add fun to my high school experience. The athletes at school also get a special treatment. Also, I know people that have moved here from surrounding areas and have failed about or all their classes. I feel like as if they do not care about if you are learning the material and only if you pass or fail. Almost forgot the biggest thing: ORHS pays too much attention to math and science. They basically think that if you're not good at both, you will not succeed in life. Additionally, 98% of the kids there are total snobs, clones, and act so fake. STAY AWAY FROM OAK RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL!

Oak Ridge High School ranks not only as one of the best high schools in the state of Tennessee, but also in the United States. With progressive class options and a huge selection of AP and Gifted options, the school produces some of the best test scoress in the nation. Oak Ridge hires the best teachers, and in turn has a pay rate higher than 95% of area schools. The principal is a caring, dedicated person and has a great variety of accomplishments. My own child attends ORHS and as a Sophmore is able to take College level classes. In 2011-2012, two seniors at ORHS won the national Seimens contest and $100,000. For a competative child, Oak Ridge is great and produces the type of learining enviroment that all school systems strive to acheive. Oak Ridge also has phenominal programs for those struggling in classes. I reccommend this School to EVERYONE. With a recent rennovation, ORHS has expanded and even has a huge workshop for engineering and also has programs at the National Laboratory, the reason that the city of Oak Ridge exists. Given the opportunity, missing out on ORHS would be the worst mistake a parent could make.

I love the Oak Ridge School System. I am currently in college and have recently graduated from ORHS. I have grown up in the Oak Ridge School System. The teachers are wonderful. Granted there are some terrible teachers that I have had to put up with, but the AP teachers are great!! Most of the teachers in the system try to do all they can to help a student succeed. We have wonderful AP programs and career readiness programs. I went through the clinical program which gave me great experience towards a health care career. The teachers prepare you for college to the extent that college is extremely easy because of the way the teachers intensify your learning in high school. I was in honors and AP classes and I learned so much and was well prepared for college. I recommend this school system 100%.

I really dislike this school, a majority of the teachers rather see their students pass than fail, the science and math department are horrible, and if you aren't brilliant, you don't shine at this school. It's really hard to fit in, everything is so cliche-ish. I honestly wish I could go to another school, you have basically been with the same people in school since preschool. If I knew someone was moving to the East TN area, I would make sure they steer clear from Oak Ridge and ORHS

Excellent school. Both my son and daughter attended ORHS. I have been very well pleased with their preparation for college. They said they were far ahead of their college classmates in every area.

My children are recent graduates of ORHS (2008 and 2011). They were what I would call conscientious and hard-working but probably average ability (for ORHS) high school students. My concern was that they would not benefit as much from the excellent academic programs at the high school as the many gifted students (e.g. in the past year 50 of 350 students scored 30 or higher on the ACT), but I was pleased to observe that they did benefit. There is a culture of excellence within the school and it gets imprinted on most of the students. My older child, who was average academically at ORHS, is consistently making the dean's list in college. She says that ORHS prepared her well for college. Socially, there are many extra-curricular clubs, sports teams and activities for student involvement. Oak Ridge and the Oak Ridge Schools are are probably the most ethnically diverse town and school system in East Tennessee, which is not saying that much. A significant proportion - maybe 15% - of the high school is non-white and many of the students are children of immigrants. This might appeal to some who would like their children to experience a less-homogeneous high school "demographic."

My daughter is a senior. She has a scholarship to William and Mary. Three of her classmates will be attending M.I.T. At least one other student will be at Harvard. Other schools I know of where Oak Ridge graduates will attend are: Vanderbilt, North Carolina, Duke, Stanford, and 2 service academies. I think all this speaks for itself.

It is the best public school in the area. It has a wide range of student activities and good teachers. Plus me and my kids attended there!

This school rests on past glory, but has been in decline for a number of years. It has gone from one of the top 100 schools in national surveys to below average. The school has dedicated teachers but has endured years of constrained budgets and policy disputes between the principal, school administration and school board.

Oak Ridge was highly recommended by Dept of Ed. for TN. Jefferson Middle-School was awesome. Personal attention to all students. Then came the high school. Still in High School but deeply disappointed. If you don't meet the 'Oak Ridge critique/clique' you're on the out....and counsellors don't even care. So do the work, get the paper and move on.

Last modified Oak Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.