Bad
Good

Posted March 31, 2015
Wallace A. Smith is an excellent elementary school with caring teachers and administrators. There is great parental involvement and a wonderful sense of community!

Posted December 02, 2014
Wallace A. Smith School has been a wonderful experience for my son. He loves his teacher, and he is learning so much. This school has the right balance for the children. My son looks forward to going to school, and for that I am thankful.

Posted October 02, 2013
Excellent school. Attentive and involved staff that fosters a great relationship between parents, teachers and staff. Improvements for the school would be better funding for more up to date equipment in the classrooms and on the playground (a common need for public schools). The school works hard to raise funds to continually improve classrooms for modern day learning. My 2nd grader loves going to school and absolutely loves his teacher! We support WAS.

Posted January 20, 2013
WAS is an outstanding school. My son has been here for 1st and 2nd grade. We bought our house in Hamilton on Hunter to keep him here. All the staff has been awesome. My son has ADHD, his teachers have been able to work with him to control it and still learn. I highly recommend!!!!

Posted September 08, 2012
We could not be happier. We actually jumped for joy when we heard our home qualified for this school. Our 5 year old twins are delighted with their teacher. We are delighted with the wonderful curriculum of high standards. Yeah! our kids will have a chance in this world because of their dedicated staff and teachers. We love everything about this school.

Posted September 02, 2012
We have been very happy with Wallace A. Smith. We relocated to the area from out of state two years ago and have been extremely happy with our school choice. The teachers, administrators and staff at this school are wonderful! Our children are challenged and communication from their teachers has been excellent. There are many opportunities for parental involvement, and great field trip opportunities for our children. There are great music and art programs for all children as well. Also, we find the school to be very cutting edge as far as being able to track all the necessary items via the internet (school calendars/test scores/AR reading scores/and even our kids lunch purchases).

Posted June 03, 2012
We moved to the area 2 years ago and my children attended WAS. I can say with a doubt that WAS is the BEST school!! There are plenty reasons, to start the admin staff is outstanding always ready to help, always with an smile and since you put your foot on the door your are part of the WAS Family. The teachers are great, always communicating with the parents and making the children and parents alike welcome. The parents are always welcome!!! If you moving to Ooltewah, TN make sure to check this school. We loved it!! And now that we are moving we are going to miss it!!

Posted March 20, 2012
i think this school is the best.i'm soooooooooooooooooo sad that this is my last year to be hear at this school awsome school i'm going to miss all of my teachers like ms. lrosa , ms.hager ,ms.wille ,ms.bambrey ,ms.kuhr, ms.richrdson , ms.capheart ,ms.case ,ms.crow ,and ms.dowler i will al ways rember you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by:alexis miller

Posted March 01, 2012
I have 2 children who currently attend Wallace A. Smith. The school system was one of the main reasons we bought a home in this area and this school lives up to the hype. The staff is wonderful! The parent involvement is encouraged and obvious. My daughter had Mrs. Downs last year and she really brought out the best in my child. She set the bar high (high for a kindergartener anyway) and somehow she finds a way to make these kids want to achieve it. The principal is always helpful and attentive. Overall, this school is above the rest. My father was a career Navy man...I should know!

Posted February 16, 2012
I was a student at Wallace A. Smith from kinder garden to 5th grade. And i loved every minute of it! My favorite teacher from then to this day is Mrs. Downs. She inspires not only for you to work hard, do your best, and creative thinking, but she also teaches and incourages fun during the process. I am currently in 7th going on 8th grade, and not a day goes by that i don't miss this AMAZING school. The selection of teachers are perfect, and there are amazing students. well behaved and just amazing. Wallace A. Smith is by far, my favorite school i have ever attended. You will enjoy your time, all my best memories are in the setting of this school. It's not just any school, this school, becomes your family. :)

Wallace A. Smith Elementary School
6930 Old Hunter Road, Ooltewah, TN  37363
Last modified Wallace A. Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.