Pigeon Forge, TN

Posted October 24, 2013
My school is Pigeon Forge High School. I am a Senior and I have great teachers. I like the Arts and Science classes. I would like to have a new auditorium for the choral and drama department. Also new lab stuff for our science dept.

Posted October 11, 2013
Pigeon Forge is a wonderful school. I am a junior here at PFHS and love pigeon forge with all of my heart. The staff shows an inept ability for caring and relating to students and former pigeon forge students come back often to visit the teachers that they were closest to. In saying that , the teachers are also very stern and believe that there is a time for everything. I am ashamed of the former comments of students that have grammatical errors and spelling mistakes because pigeon forge is far better than that. GO TIGERS.

Posted October 22, 2009
So far school as shown to be very good for my son academically. Although I am not fond of their gym teacher at all. If you are an out of shape student or not sports oriented he makes you fell bad about yourself. I have heard many students complain about this.

Posted January 17, 2009
PFHS is a great school. I am a Junior this year and I have to say there is no other school that I would rather attend. The teachers are always ready to help with any problem. They are strict when they need to be, but they also try to make our time in class fun and enjoyable. As for discipline, the school can be pretty strict on things like cellphones and tardies, but it's not that hard to obey the rules. I think that they should be strict about that stuff. The main reason why I like this school is because it doesn't have many cliques. Everyone gets along and there isn't much violence. Overall it is a wonderful school and I would recommend anyone to attend it. Go tigers!!

Posted October 14, 2008
We have 4 children. One of which attends PFHS. Students are given the same amount of days to make up work as the number of days missed. EX>> they miss 3 days they have 3 to make up the work. our daughter is a sophmore and loves this school. the students come from families of respect and the teachers and students go out of their way to make the other students feel welcome and and needed. We would not enroll our children in any other school. They all attend PF schools and have since Kindergarten. I would highly suggest this school to other parents and students not only for the academics, staff and sports, but for the whole package that comes with any school. Every school has rules and if followed correctly then there are no punishments. Past and Present students need to think of this.

Pigeon Forge High School 2

Posted March 12, 2008
I have seen where teachers here don't want to take the time to help the student. If your child misses a day for No fault of their own, but due to unforseen events in life Teachers will not allow them to make up work unless they get up earlier (Parent has to also then) and arrive at the school when the teacher does or they have to stay after (hence parent again has to arrange to do the pick up) instead of having them do it durning study hall (it's too much work on the study hall teacher,, was the excuse given) Too many teachers have an I don't care attitude when it comes to students that are not brainy students.

Posted January 08, 2008
Pigeon Forge High School has undergone many different changes. Several of the 'problem' staff have left and many new educational upgrades have been made. I believe that PFHS is an extremely strong school, and that all of the students here are lucky to have been given such good opportunities. As with any school, there will always be students who do not wish to apply themselves, and staff who 'have their bad days'. PFHS is an extremely well rounded school.

Pigeon Forge High School 1

Posted December 01, 2006
The school administration here lacks good judgement like the majority of schools in this county. Poor teacher conduct.

Posted March 26, 2006
As a graduate of this school, I would recommend this school over any school in Sevier Co. The teachers are incredible and it was just an incredible high school experience for me...Although this sounds as if I posted all 5's on this survey, I did not. Principal Schrandt was absolutely incredible at his job! He was loving and sincere, but I do not think I can say the same for some others on staff. They treat many students inadequately and give harsher punishment for unknown reasons...Many of the punishments are over something very little, which should just be taken with a grain of salt. It is not middle school so I think some teachers/administration need to pray for patience or just move out of teaching if they do not enjoy it because it's a greater 'calling' than they realize. Make it fun to go to class and prepare for college.

Posted January 28, 2006
As a recent graduate of Pigeon Forge High School, I have to say that it has come far and has become one of the best, if not THE best, high school in the county. The environment is a friendly and educational one. Athletics, on occasion, do seem to be treated as more important than academics, but I think this problem is not confined only to this one school. Discipline does seem to go to one strange extreme or the other, with in-school-suspension for ridiculous reasons, and the occasional threat of 'silent lunch' ( for high schoolers? Come on....) But PFHS is gradually improving in these arenas and currently possesses some of the best teachers in the core curriculum areas, specifically mathematics. Almost every member of the staff is caring and puts the students as his or her top priority. There are always exceptions. But all in all, a fantastic high school!

Pigeon Forge High School
414 Tiger Drive, Pigeon Forge, TN  37863
Last modified Pigeon Forge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pigeon Forge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top