Rockford, TN

Rockford Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
Im very pleased with rockford they take time and work well with the kids glad my son goes there alot better than knox county schools

Rockford Elementary School 1

Posted July 01, 2013
It is quite evident that the principal asked many parents to come to this website and say positive things about her & the school. It is so sad that so many people are fooled by her fake sincerity. I was too in the beginning. Wake up people! It's the amazing staff who care about the students that makes any positive influence on this school. Mrs. Chastain is the worst principal I've ever encountered, and I've worked with many. Her fake ways can make one sick. Gotta say, though, she does fake REALLY well to be able to fool so many people. Parents, avoid dealing with her if you can. If you are a teacher looking for a job, RUN! Don't get involved with this principal! You will be very sorry! Prayers for the current staff who have to deal with her BS! So glad my kids are no longer at this school... we will miss some fantastic teachers though!

Posted June 02, 2013
Rockford Elementary School is top notch. Having had three children attend RES, and being very involved in PTO and most activities at the school, I have had the privilege to work with and get to know the teachers and staff. I have only had positive experiences at the school. I can't say enough great things about the principal and her commitment to community and family involvement! I applaud the teachers and the administration at RES!

Posted May 22, 2013
I have nothing but great things to say about this school. Starting with the leadership of the principal, then the teachers, and the after school program as well. Rockford has shined with great promise. Rockford Elementary is a school where children are nurtured, loved and respected. You will see the dedication put in by the principal, teachers and support staff will enhance your child's learning experience.

Posted May 20, 2013
My oldest son just completed his first year of Kindergarten at Rockford. As any new parent, I was very nervous about school, as my husband and I had debated on different schools in the area. I have no doubt that we made the best decision to send our son to Rockford. We always feel very welcomed when we stop by for lunch or for any parent activities. I am saddened to see some negative posts about the staff and principal. I have noticed that the principal says hello directly to students using their name. The teachers always seem to be smiling and happy as well. We love our school and our son has thrived there.

Posted May 20, 2013
Each child is an individual learner at Rockford. They are valued and appreciated for their efforts that they put forward with their education. Through the process of ongoing testing and assessment within a classroom my child's needs have been met on his individual learning level. I also value the way the principal and staff are concerned with my child's love of education. Wheither with a pat on the back for encouragement or "words to live by". As a parent, "what goes into a mind...comes out in a life"..and my child is thriving at Rockford Elementary School. Go Tigers!

Posted May 20, 2013
Rockford Elementary School is more than just a school... it is a family of learners where everyone works together to help all students experience success and excellence! The principal makes every effort to greet students and parents by name, making everyone feel welcome. The school hosts frequent parent activities both during and after school hours, providing hands-on activities that parents and grandparents can use with their children. Parents and grandparents are kept informed by teachers of their child's progress, and are given strategies at home to help them if they are struggling. As a grandparents caring for my grandchild, I am so thankful to have the care and support provided by the principal, teachers, and support staff of Rockford Elementary School!

Posted May 20, 2013
I have two children who attend Rockford Elementary. One just finished Kindergarten and my oldest just finished 2nd grade there. Both of my kids have been in this school since they were in pre-k. Rockford is not only concerned with academic success, as evident in their test scores, but also with life skills that provide its students with a lifelong education. I remember walking into Rockford 4 years ago and being welcomed with open arms. Since then, we have been embraced and made feel like family by everyone in the building. I cannot imagine my children attending school anywhere else. As for the review of the principal, I am sorry you had an experience you were not fond of, but this is not the experience of most people that walk through those doors. Rockford is a family and we stick together; students, parents, teachers, staff, and administration. I highly recommend anyone looking for a great school to start at Rockford Elementary!

Posted May 14, 2013
Rockford Elementary Teachers and Staff have a Vision for RES Students! They believe that ALL Children can Excell and they work hard to make sure each child feels successful!

Rockford Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2013
I am so glad this school year is over. If I had to deal with one more week of this school and its Administration I would literally move. Not schools but states. Fortunately my son will be in a private school so I do not have to deal with the principal and her lack of leadership and communication. Mrs Chastain is far from even mediocre. She has no communication skills and it is evident in how she deals with her students teachers and parents. Its too bad our children's future is in her hands. Very unfortunate and as a parent take my advice. Find another school. The saying "garbage in garbage out" echoes in my mind everytime I think about those poor students and the schools staff. Trust me...just run!

Rockford Elementary School
3728 Williams Mill Road, Rockford, TN  37853
Last modified Rockford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rockford Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top