Springfield, TN

Posted September 10, 2014
This school is amazing! The STEM/REACH program is challenging my advanced 6th grader every day. She has already finished a hands-on engineering project and is on her 3rd book in their reading program. I don't know what all the fuss is about this school-the kids are respectful, kind and just like any other middle schools kids I've seen. I walked in with some supplies the other day and several students stopped to help me carry everything. I am glad I did not listen to the "rumors" and checked it out myself!

Posted July 19, 2013
Springfield Middle School is a GREAT school. Leadership is focused and strong. Teacher quality is top notch. Many teachers hold Master Degrees and are level 5 teachers due to student growth. The best sports programs in the county, too many clubs to list, great band and music programs, community involvement is second to non. Community leaders can be found in the school build almost every day and every Friday is Greeters Club. New STEM programs are offered. All students are given the opportunity to visit college campuses as grade-levels to promote a college bound culture. My child is ready for the rigor of high school honor classes. ***The building is old, charming and has a lot of history but the educational movement inside is new, fresh and exciting.

Springfield Middle School 4

Posted July 09, 2013
My child's was in the 6th grade at SMS this past year. And the teachers were really caring and easy to work with. There was one in particular, Miss Winfrey, who taught math and I believe was her first year teaching there, was my child's best teacher. She was incredibly devoted to my child's progress as well as with her other students. So, if your child gets her, you'll love her. Overall, a great school and Dr. Bell is doing a good job there.

Posted May 13, 2013
SMS has changed. I went to the school because my kids are supposed to go there and what I heard that I would see is not what I heard and saw. I did not announce my visit, I just went and found quiet halls, respectful kids and order around every corner. I am very excited that my daughter will be at SMS. I was not here when Dr. Morris was around but Dr. Bell is great and his energy and excitement about the kids is exactly what I would want in a principal. He even has science students Skyping with Vanderbilt professors and has more great programs coming. A friend that teaches there told me that the kids are respectful of the teachers and administration; any school that can accomplish that with middle school kids knows what they are doing!

Posted March 25, 2013
Springfield is a "Blue Ribbon School of Excellence." Administration and faculty here truly care about students and work hard to help students be successful.

Posted May 13, 2010
I think that this school has made alot of progress since Dr.Morris has been here. He is a wonderful principal. on May 7th , 2010 we became A National Point of Light school and by december of 2010 we are determined to be a Blue Ribbon School. The president of Blue Ribbon Schools really believes that we can and will become a Blue Ribbon school. I love this school and the teachers with all of my heart. I am just a sixth grader and my first year here has been an absolutely great one! I cannot wait till my seventh grade year. I really want to see all the wonderful things we will acheive. I am determined , as a SMS student , to change the image of this school. By:Victoria .T

Springfield Middle School 0

Posted April 09, 2009
My children have been at SMS for three years and I hate it. When Shirley Whitley left the school lost a really good principal. She made a really good impression on my son and he enjoyed school. I never had any issues that she didnot handle. I feel like I am there now because the administration is clueless on how to run the school. Kids are everywhere cussing, bullying other kids, and being disrespectful to the adults. I think they need to scratch the Administration and start over with someone who has the guts to stand up to those mean kids.

Springfield Middle School 3

Posted March 12, 2009
Both my kids attend this school. Dr. Morris is a good principal. He doesn't avoid parents and takes their opinions seriously and into consideration. The teachers need some work though. Not all but most. The office staff needs work also. They are very absent minded. It has improved itself and is still on that path. It isn't a great school but if Dr. Morris keeps on the path he's on I believe it can be.

Springfield Middle School 4

Posted February 28, 2009
I attend Springfield Middle School. It is a good school, but not the Best. I am happy that Dr. Morris became our principal. He has changed much of our school. In sixth grade when I had Ms. Whitely, we were on a 7 period schedule. This gives us little time to actually study with our class, as the classes were only 30 minutes long. Now I am a 8th grader and Dr. Morris has us on a 5 Block schedule. This gives us a long time to discuss and actually understand our lessons. Some of the Teachers are not the best, Some seem more interested in the Athletics than in the actually education. But teachers like Mrs. Reed actually teach us while having fun. This school has been subject to bad publicity and some bad teachers but otherwise a wonderful school.

Posted December 17, 2008

Springfield Middle School
715 5th Ave West, Springfield, TN  37172
Last modified Springfield Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springfield Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top