Lee Elementary School 1

Posted February 28, 2013
This school has a very poor principal. He will tell you everything you want to hear to get you out of his hair, and then nothing will be done about the situation. My son was being repetitively bullied, and the only thing that was done about it was separating them at lunch. One day, my son came home with scratches across his face and back, and when the staff did NOTHING, I took it to the AISD main office. Also, speaking on teachers, this school has a very poor capita. Because of that, the teachers are used to just fighting to get the students to pass, but they don't develop the students' fullest potential. They do what they have to get them by, but no more. Their standardized testing scores will show that. If you want your child to succeed, this is NOT the school to put them in.

Lee Elementary School 3

Posted March 10, 2012
It's a fair school. My son has attended this school k-2 and 5th grade, only had one teacher that we just couldn't get along with. The rest of his teachers are great! He just loves his gym teacher along with the others. Most of what we have found at this school is that most of the parent involvement is somewhat lacking. The poor teachers try and get more parents involved with thier childs education, by making them sign weekly progress reports and stuff, but I feel the parents just don't care like the teachers, and staff do.

Posted May 22, 2011
My daughter started at Lee in her 1st grade. She had problems reading. Her teacher got her in a special reading program, and by the end of that year, so had caught up. By 3rd grade, she was reading at a 5th grade level! I have had absolutely no problems with this school. She is going to Mann this next year, and my daughter feels fully capable to handle the transition, and that is saying alot! I want to thank the school for doing such a great job with my daughter! You taught her and loved her and have helped her become the young lady she is becoming! I will never forget it. :-)

Posted June 22, 2009
I worked as a sub at Lee for the last year. I have worked at many title 1 schools and like most the parent involvement here is slim to none. The teachers and principal are great and very competent. The younger grades are great but 4-5 have a lot of problems a lot which are obviously directly from the extreme lack of parent support. When the parents don't care neither to the kids. That said the 4th and 5th grade teacher are very innovative and do amazing with what they have.

Posted August 19, 2007
Lee Elementary is a wonderful learning environment. The teachers are helpful and supportive. The principal is very fair in his discipline with the students. Parents who do not like the discipline are ones who cause problems themselves. There could be more extracurricular activities offered but teachers can only do so much. Parent involvement is almost none existent at Lee. If all us parents were more involved, this school would be ranked among the best.

Posted February 05, 2005
Lee is a very good school. Both my children attended Lee from 1st - 5th grade. Lee has excellent teachers and a wonderful volunteer program.

Lee Elementary School 2

Posted September 14, 2004
The principal does not listen to the parents at all. He tells you what you need to hear to make you be quiet. This school is like every other school the children are second. I went to this school also and when I was there it was not like this.

Lee Elementary School
1026 North Pioneer Drive, Abilene, TX  79603
Last modified Lee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lee Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top