Posted September 03, 2014
Fantastic school and district! The principal is great and the teachers are some of the best. 2/3 of my children attend LES (3rd and 2nd) and they love school. The office staff is very warm and welcoming. We also have the best librarian around (hands down!). All the way around, this is a very good school.

Posted April 14, 2011
In my opinion the posts dated 4/11 and 4/9 do not accurately represent our experience at Lovejoy Elementary. Teachers have not been leaving due to being unhappy, they have left for personal reasons, and only one or two have left. In the past few years there has been very little turnover in teachers. I am not sure why the person is posting as they do, but as far as the principal's involvement they are WAY off base. I drop my children off at 7:30 and the first person waiting to open our car door is the principal. She has been out in front of the school opening car doors everyday, rain or shine (or freeze) for at least the past two or three years, daily. I attended the Spring open house and was again greeted by the principal. She has been to each and every event that I have been to with my children, including spirit nights, presentations etc. Parents even get a weekly update email from her every Thursday. The state of Texas rates schools by TAKs scores. Obviously the state feels that this is the information that the children should learn. So what is wrong with teaching to the test? Please ignore the posts by the person who posted on 4/9, they might be mistaken.

Posted April 05, 2009
I have older children that attended a prestigious $15k/year private school. Lovejoy is every bit as good and in some categories exceeds the private school. We could not be happier. The leadership starts with a very active, very good principal. All the teachers I have met interact and really care about the kids. Many teachers are also residents of Lucas. Most of the teachers know, by name, most of the kids at the school, of all ages. The school is running and active with student activities from 7am until easily 5-6pm each day. Again, we could not be happier.

Posted June 05, 2008

Posted November 01, 2007

Posted May 14, 2006
Lovejoy is an awesome school that my daughter attends. She has just entered kindergarten and loves her teacher dearly. Lovejoy has dedicated teachers who thrive to meet every childs's needs. Teachers instruct at the highest standard of learning. What a blessing it is to have my child attend Lovejoy.

Posted April 08, 2006
I went to this school and my daughter did too. It is wonderful. The teachers are caring and the programs are generally excellent. There is a new playground. I would recommend this school.

Carrie L Lovejoy Elementary School 4

Posted February 17, 2006
This school is a very well balanced, disciplinary school that my children absolutely love. It encourages each and every student to leatn good character traits as well.

Posted January 31, 2006
Lovejoy is an outstanding school. Great teachers, small town feeling, we have been pleased.

Posted January 03, 2006
I am both parent and teacher at Lovejoy Elementary school. I have been there 4 years and all 3 of my children attend, grades K, K, and 4th. Parent involvment is beyond compare! Teachers here go above and beyond what is expected at the state level. They gain the interest of students and make learning fun!

Carrie L Lovejoy Elementary School
256 Country Club Road, Allen, TX  75002
Last modified Carrie L Lovejoy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carrie L Lovejoy Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top