Allen, TX

Joe V Hart Elementary School 3

Posted November 04, 2010
We moved to this district a couple of years ago and have been very happy with the new leadership/principal. Except for a couple of instructors that should not be in the teaching field - we would think this is the greatest school in Texas. Both the PE and Art teachers are not very good 'kid' people and my son dreads going to either classes now...

Joe V Hart Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2010
Our famiy moved to Lucas last year when my son was beginning first grade and we are now in our second year at Hart. We have been very pleased with his classroom teachers. They have had good instructional skills and my child has really liked them stating they were "very kind". I do have a concern with the specials teachers for art, P.E. and music. At my son's previous school, he enjoyed these classes but now tells me he does not like them or that the teachers are not friendly. I've heard this from other parents as well which is sad since these are the subjects that should complement the core curriculum and be FUN. We are pleased with the Spanish teacher who projects a positive, warm attitude towards parents and teachers.

Joe V Hart Elementary School 3

Posted March 30, 2010

Joe V Hart Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2009
The teachers are very good, but what makes this school stand out is the parent Involvement.

Posted September 30, 2008
We moved to the district 3 years ago and realized in very short order knew that we were in the right place. Our son did not get involved in the past but since moving to the lovejoy community, he has flourished. What is unique is the combination of access to the administration, teachers, and other parents combined with smaller communities means you can raise a well-rounded student - both inside and outside of the classroom. Something that is hard to do with a large district or too small a district or too large a city or too small a city supporting the district. The Lovejoy ISD has a rich heritage in both the partnership with Allen ISD in the years leading up to the secondary program and in the partnership the district enjoys with its parents, civic leaders, and community support organizations today. Unique is the way I put it.

Posted August 18, 2008
I cannot speak highly enough about Hart Elementary. We moved to LISD from nearby Allen ISD and the smaller school environment has been a blessing for us. The teachers and administrators at Hart have been wonderful. Both of my boys have very different learning styles, yet each of them have excelled in the very supportive learning environment we have experienced over the past several years at Hart.

Posted June 07, 2008
Both of my children attended this school. The teachers are great and my youngest was diagnosed as ADHD. They have always cooperated with us and worked with us in a helpful manner to accommodate our child s needs and learning difference. Several of his teachers have followed his struggles and progress and our child is now on the Honor Role and thriving in High School.

Posted April 17, 2008
My brother attends this school. And I am hoping my daughters will too. My brother is serverly mentally retarded after brain surgery. If not for Hart, I don't think he would be able to read, not even 4 letter words! They helped us keep him educated every step of the way. The teachers recongnize him in stores outside of class. Excellent levels of attention to students! Taks is given, but not the only thing taught. Very impressed.

Posted April 16, 2008
We moved to this school from a Blue Ribbon school in a larger neighboring school district and have found this school to be far superior. At this school you will find experienced teachers, smaller school size, Spanish classes during the school day for all students, great extracurricular activities, and excellent parent communication. The level of personal, individual attention given each student at this school is much greater than you will find at a larger school in a larger district. A full-fledged GT program is available to fill this important need for students who qualify. Campuswide teachers also have a system in place to regularly devote extra time working with students who need extra academic attention. This school and district are to be commended for going beyond the TEKS to truly teach all students.

Posted September 30, 2007
As a parent that was employed by another ISD in Texas for many years and a parent of a current Hart teacher, I am amazed I what I have seen and what our daughter (Teacher) has experienced at Hart. Just to list a few things that make Hart great in our eyes: Parent Involvement, Continuous and Revelant Traning for Teachers, Extra Curriculum activites for all students, Supportive PTA, and well maintained facility.

Joe V Hart Elementary School
450 Country Club Road, Allen, TX  75002
Last modified Joe V Hart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joe V Hart Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top