Alvarado, TX

Alvarado El-North 4

Posted December 17, 2014
I have not had any problems with this school. Everyone is friendly and attentive to the children. I have always felt welcome when I went into the office and have not had a single person be rude to me. My daughter loves her school and her teachers. She has learned a huge amount in a short time. It's amazing!

Posted October 02, 2013
My son goes to school here, and we are considering transferring him out. The office staff is very rude, and the principal is very fake and two-faced...

Posted September 18, 2013
I agree with the previous poster.... Not the school it once was. But the teachers are good.

Alvarado El-North 2

Posted September 04, 2013
This was once a great school with great volunteers, parental involvement, extra-curricular opportunities. Since the new principal came a couple years ago, its quickly changed its atmosphere. Parents do NOT feel welcome here, a lot of the 'fun' things that the children love and look forward to are being taken away. I am very disappointed in the way the school is being run. That being said, most of the teachers are AWESOME! My kids all had great teachers who cared immensely about them and their education. But the new administration there is running off the great ones, so not sure how much longer that will last....

Posted March 09, 2011
My son attends this school. I volunteer on a regular basis and love being able to be a part of his activities and know what is going on with his education. If there are ever any questions or problems not only is his teacher available but others as well. The office and support staff are also there for any help needed. I am so glad that he attends this school!

Posted March 09, 2011
AEN is a great school! They have great teachers that are more than willing to work with the parents. The lines of communication are always open. My son went from 1st thru 3rd grade and all teachers were very attentive. My daughter is currently in Kindergarten and love those teachers as well!

Posted January 22, 2010
This school does not have an open door policy to parents. In my opinon the school is too strict and needs to learn to trust parents. I am highly disapointed with how the school conducts itself by keeping parents arms length. Noticed teachers and principal changes in a short span of time. My son will be attending another school next year.

Posted August 20, 2009
I have nothing good to say about Alvarado. Elementary North. The Principal is not concerned about the needs of the student just about the staff. I have had five children and they have been in different schools and I think Alvarado is one of the worsted district I have ever been in.

Posted April 01, 2009
I love this school! The teachers are excellent and we keep in touch by email on a weekly basis, so I can ask a question and get an answer within a few hours. My son is in the 3rd grade and last week we found that 98% of the 3rd graders passed the Taks test! As for previous parents complaining that all they care about is the Taks test....they should take their complaints to the government because they are the ones that have put so much importance on the Taks. Also, I have always been welcome on the campus, but due to safety precautions you must check in at the office first. And in this day and age, this is the only responsible way to run a school!

Alvarado El-North 0

Posted April 01, 2009
I have had many bad experiences with this school. The leaders put in place here are more concerned about the employees rather than the children. If I have to be in Alvarado another year the superintendent is letting me change to another school since I have had numerous problems with this one.

Alvarado El-North
P O Box 387, Alvarado, TX  76009
Last modified Alvarado El-North is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alvarado El-North Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top