Bad
Good

We are raising our granddaughter who attends Bivins Elementary School. We find the school to be excellent and the teachers meet very high standards.

Grateful to: Teacher

Mrs. Hopper does an excellent job with our granddaughter. She teaches discipline, integrity, and caring.

I am adult advocate for one of this schools 4th graders who was "asked" by school officials to "be sick" last Tuesday, the day 4th graders were to take the TASK test... Seems the administration did not want to "have a failing grade" on this child record (?) and it was in everyones best interest to not attend school that day. If this is how AISD administration deals with students having difficulty in ANY area of the test I can not imagine how many other students were encouraged to "stay home" ... All in an attempt to distort this schools true rating under state guidelines. This issue will not be dropped until other parents are aware of such practices by this school and district.

By far, Mrs. Phyllis Newcomb is the best teacher I have ever come across in my lifetime! She is caring, disciplined and has a heart that every teacher should have. My son has had the pleasure of being in her 2nd and 3rd grade class.

My granddaughter attends Bivins and I have been very impressed with the degree of teacher commitment there. The staff is caring , concerned, and dedicated. Her second and third grade teacher Ms. Phyllis Newcomb may be the finest teacher I have ever known. We love Bivins Elementary. And, so does our grandchild.

We have two children at Bivins - it's an amazing school! The teachers are awesome, the principal is a great leader, and our kids love going to school there. The teachers our girls have had have been great.

Last modified Bivins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.