Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 01, 2016
We are raising our granddaughter who attends Bivins Elementary School. We find the school to be excellent and the teachers meet very high standards.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 01, 2016
Mrs. Hopper does an excellent job with our granddaughter. She teaches discipline, integrity, and caring.

Bivins Elementary School 2

Posted March 03, 2011
I am adult advocate for one of this schools 4th graders who was "asked" by school officials to "be sick" last Tuesday, the day 4th graders were to take the TASK test... Seems the administration did not want to "have a failing grade" on this child record (?) and it was in everyones best interest to not attend school that day. If this is how AISD administration deals with students having difficulty in ANY area of the test I can not imagine how many other students were encouraged to "stay home" ... All in an attempt to distort this schools true rating under state guidelines. This issue will not be dropped until other parents are aware of such practices by this school and district.

Bivins Elementary School 2

Posted February 28, 2008
By far, Mrs. Phyllis Newcomb is the best teacher I have ever come across in my lifetime! She is caring, disciplined and has a heart that every teacher should have. My son has had the pleasure of being in her 2nd and 3rd grade class.

Posted November 28, 2007
My granddaughter attends Bivins and I have been very impressed with the degree of teacher commitment there. The staff is caring , concerned, and dedicated. Her second and third grade teacher Ms. Phyllis Newcomb may be the finest teacher I have ever known. We love Bivins Elementary. And, so does our grandchild.

Posted September 05, 2007
We have two children at Bivins - it's an amazing school! The teachers are awesome, the principal is a great leader, and our kids love going to school there. The teachers our girls have had have been great.

Posted January 25, 2005
I have two children enrolled in Bivins. I have been extremely impressed with the teachers and the overall leadership at this school. They are working hard to read in Kindergarten, and Third grade has been preparing for the TAKS test. I am confident that it she is ready.

1500 South Fannin Street, Amarillo, TX  79102
Last modified Bivins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.