No rating

Angleton Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 185 students

We are best known for loving Christian environment.

Living in Angleton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $102,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted July 4, 2014

I love Angleton Christian School. God is doing a powerful work in the lives of the students, families, and staff. We continue to grow and are now at 185 enrolled in PK3-grade 12 at the end of May 2014. Our students in high school leave with many hours of dual college credits and we had a large number of our students in grades 1-8 who went to state competition at TCU in Fort Worth this spring after winning academic awards at PSIA competition. We are very proud of our school and it is continuing to produce great academic and sprirtual growth and achievement.

Posted October 22, 2013

In all honesty I am not particularly religious. Also, i'm not from Angleton and don't live in Angleton. However, I wanted to try and keep my kids out of public schools where government policy decides what's best for children (Scary). My daughter has attended ACS for a short time now, but so far it is like night and day. Even though I wasn't raised in a Christian environment, i find myself taking comfort in hearing my daughter say a prayer before meals or bedtime. It seems natural and I find myself becoming influenced by that as well. She even picks out Christian themed books at the bookstore all by herself. I try my best to depict what is going on in the stories for her at night. All that aside, the kids at this school seem to have a great time and my daughter seems to be learning and taking interest in learning. Bottom line is she's happy, which shocks me sometimes because there are very few days that I remember enjoying from my own public school experiences. As long as we can afford the cost we'll continue to send her. At this point ACS would have to fall far from the tree to disappoint us.

Posted October 9, 2011

This is our third year at ACS. We are very pleased and would highly recommend this school.

Posted September 7, 2011

this school is all about the money if you are not apart of the thier little group they treat you like a outcast & will forged your signature on papers that you never sign to get thier money they are not christian!

Posted September 14, 2010

I am so thankful that God led us to ACS! I have two children enrolled this year and love it. I have watched my younger child come out of his shell and they are both learning so much academically and spiritually. Nothing warms your heart more than your children reciting bible stories and verses along with all of their newly acquired academic skills! The principal, teachers and staff are all wonderful and we are blessed to be apart! God is so good!

Posted August 29, 2010

This is my second year to teach at Angleton Christian School. What a blessing! All day I am surround with a talented caring staff who go above and beyond to make sure each child has an excellent education. God is at the center of all decisions made. Students are happy, caring, well rounded individuals who are learning life's lessons daily in a caring, nurturing environment. We have a brand new facility and our enrollment is growing. I am proud to be a teacher at Angleton Christian School and pray for our continued success.

Posted August 29, 2010

I have 2 sons attending Angleton Christian School. My oldest son has been enrolled since the middle of his 3rd grade year and we both have had a awesome experience with learning through education, spritually & just becoming a part of the Angleton Christian School Family. He has attended other Private Christian based schools since Pre-K 4 year of school, I must say until we joined ACS we both agree that we have found our home. The following scripture summarizes what I feel ACS focus is; Matthew 6:33 "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need" Angleton and Brazoria County and my family is very blessed to have Angleton Christian School.

Posted August 29, 2010

I am a new teacher at ACS and was shocked to read even one single negative thing about this school. After retiring from teaching in public school for 30 years, I substituted in many schools, inlcuding ACS. My experience there was so wonderful, it made me want to return to teaching if I could teach at a school that had the Christian atmosphere shown to students, parents and staff that I saw first hand everyday at ACS. Now that I'm here I absolutely love it. Besides the loving staff, the parents and PTO are incredible. You might want to come see for yourself because everyone I've seen displays a Christian attitude of love and acceptance to every law abiding citizen of all races and religions. Contrary to the one posting I read, I've met people of varied races and religions and everyone is treated equally with love and compassion.

Posted August 28, 2010

This is our 6th year at ACS. We are truly thankful to God that our children have had the opportunity to attend such a Christ centered school. ACS has an outstanding group of Christian Administrators, Teachers and Staff. All children public or private face many challenges in life. Academic, physical, financial, social.... The difference at ACS is that the children are being taught daily to rely on God and his word the Bible to see them through these challenges. This is what will sustain them for the rest of their lives. For our family it is extremely important for our children to excel academically but even more important to excel spiritually. You cannot put a price on this type of education. Praise be to God!

Posted August 28, 2010

I love ACS!! My daughter loves going to school each day and she is taken care of, prayed for, and is learning lots. It is a safe and loving Christian environment. The headmaster and the school do not compromise on strong Christian character, morals, or values and as a parent it is very refreshing!!

Posted August 28, 2010

This is the 3rd year that my 2 sons have attended ACS. I can't tell you what a blessing it has been to our family. We had recently moved to Angleton when we enrolled our sons & didn't know very many people. We were welcomed with open arms & now truly feel part of the ACS "family". I continue to be amazed as the school adds such incredible, experienced teachers & so blessed that my children are not only getting a top notch education but are surrounded with such loving teachers, staff and volunteer parents that not only teach them but show them the love of Jesus everyday through scripture & their actions. We are not a financially affluent family but I promise one thing, every sacrifice we make so that our children can attend ACS is well worth it! I honestly can't imagine my children going to school anywhere else.

Posted August 28, 2010

I was surprised to see the negative comment made by a previous post.We have nothing but positive things to say about ACS. Since the previous post said to look up the definition of "Christian", eventhough I know what it is, I googled it and this is the definition: "Professing belief in Jesus as Christ and following a religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus." I know ACS professes and teaches that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. I also know (because when interviewing the school I asked) that all teachers and staff have accepted Jesus Christ as the Lord of their lives. As far as how your child is treated once the doors are closed, clearly that poster's children do not go to ACS because they would know first hand (as this parent does) the love that the children receive at ACS. And racist? No way!!

Posted August 27, 2010

I absolutely love ACS and feel it is the epitome of what Christian education should be. ALL children are welcome at ACS. Sadly, all parents may not be. As a parent of two students, I strongly agree with the board s decision to uphold Biblical values regarding parent volunteers. It only confirms to me what I ve known since my children started school at ACS. They have my children s best interest at heart with regard to education, as well as, safety.

Posted August 27, 2010

I enrolled my daughter in ACS Decemer of last year. She use to hate going to school when she attended public school but she loves it at ACS. The teachers and the staff are great people. It's a great learning environment. My daughter's grades have improved and she looks forward to going to school. I disagree with the pervious comment I read about them being races. I am a Pacific Islander/Asian; the school and staff have been nothing but nice to me and my family!! Keep up the good work ACS! We look forward to a great year!

Posted August 27, 2010

My child loves ACS. She has only been going their for a week and a half, but she loves it. Everyone is vey nice and friendly. She is getting more one on one attention at ACS than she would get at a public school, because they keep their class sizes small. We are very pleased with our choice of sending her to ACS.

Posted August 27, 2010

My daughter is on her 4th year at ACS and truly loves it! She had been with me, her Mom, as I was a stay-at-home Mother, therefore she was quite shy from not being around alot of other children. She adapted very well in this Christian environment and has exceeded my expectations on grades as well as socially. Keep up the good work ACS!!!

Posted August 27, 2010

I am so excited that I have been able to enroll all 3 of my children in ACS. They are in a Christian environment with teachers who care not only about their education, but also their spiritual welfare. The teachers are wonderful, and I feel confident that my children will receive an excellent education to prepare them for college and life.

Posted August 27, 2010

Angleton christian school is a wonderful school and it I feel truly blessed to be a part of it. I am a teacher at ACS and my children attend the school as well. We are thrilled that we can go to a school/job where we can freely express the love that we have for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. God bless Angleton Christian School!

Posted August 18, 2010

As you may figure out all of these reviews have been written by teachers or by parents that are in the "click". They paint a pretty picture and fill you with words you want to hear but on the inside it is not what they say at all. It is a different story behind the doors. Be careful in enrolling your child here , they are not what they say. They are quick to take your money and paint the picture but your child be treated alot different once the doors are closed. They are NOT accepting of all races and origins ! They say they are "christians" but maybe they should look up the definition , they are far from that !

Posted February 10, 2008

Angleton Christian School has been a true blessing to our family. My daughter is learning more than I ever expected. The faculty, staff and administrator do a superb job at ensuring the best for all students. We are extremely pleased with our experience at ACS and highly reccommend the school.

Asian or Pacific Islander 0% 4%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Angleton I.S.D.
Percentage of students going to 2-year college 50% (2013)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 50% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation Brazosport College
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Angleton Chamber of Commerce Distinquished School (2008)
  • DOW Science Grant (2013)
  • PSIA (2014)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:30 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:15 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:30 a.m.
  • Gordon mith
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Core knowledge
  • Direct instruction
  • Honors track
  • Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Tutor(s)
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

Performing arts
  • Creative writing
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school does not have a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor