Argyle, TX

Posted March 31, 2015
Great school, wonderful staff and teachers. My son loves it. Most teachers/staff go out of their way to interact with students. Positive learning experience overall.

Harpool Middle School 1

Posted September 27, 2014
Some awesome teachers four years ago. Son is there this year and it seems the dynamic of the school has changed. Very little instruction. We're sad to leave our neighborhood school. We can't afford to wait and waste 3 years. We already wasted 5 weeks.

Posted December 12, 2013
This is a good school zoned to affluent neighborhoods. Quality people raise quality kids, who make for good schools. People living in houses valued over a half-million dollars don't send their children to poor schools. Harpool M.S. is no exception; a quality school in an affluent suburb.

Posted November 14, 2013
My kids have been moved around a bunch to different schools, so they know the difference. My daughter had a 5th grade year that I didn't think could be topped. Yet after her first day at Harpool Middle School, she quickly texted me that she had the best day of school in her whole life! This, from a 6th grade middle schooler! It warms a parent's heart. I asked her WHY? and she said because it is just so well run. She should know, she has switched elementary schools 4 times ;) She loves choir & science! My son is in 7th grade & he never complains about going to school, loves the athletic program & excellent, top notch band as well! The staff at this school must be hand-picked they are fabulous.

Harpool Middle School 4

Posted January 22, 2012
I am pleased with most of the teachers and special ed attention at Harpool. It is getting overcrowded though. The principals and teachers do care about the kids and the lack of student bullying is comforting especially with a special needs kid.

Harpool Middle School 1

Posted May 11, 2011
I am a mother of 4 who's youngest child is now attends Harpool. I have never been so disappointed in a school in all my life! I assumed moving to a nice area such as Lantana with schools that score highly on state exams ensured that my child would get an above average public education. My child struggled making the transition into middle school and the counselor was a great asset in assisting with that problem, but once the problem was overcome my child started having problems with a particular teacher bullying him. This school has no written policy against teachers bullying students. After a conversation with the teacher the problem stopped for several weeks then started back up. After countless conversations with the counselor the problem persisted. It is now the end of the school year. I have had my child pulled from this teacher s class, but now the other teachers are picking at my child because "his momma takes up for him". I will issue punishment when due, but yes, I take up for my kid when treated unfairly. This school needs teachers trained in communicating effectively, a policy on teacher bullying, and teacher accountability needs to be implemented.

Harpool Middle School 4

Posted June 24, 2010
The teachers of Harpool do a great job communicating with parents, they answer questions and give feedback. They help the students and will offer assistance to allow the child to succeed.

Harpool Middle School
9601 Stacee Lane, Argyle, TX  76226
Last modified Harpool Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harpool Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top